LOOKING UP: THE VALUE OF 'VALUE'
- FS/TEC panel: E-commerce improves efficiency. DeLuca, Michael // Nation's Restaurant News;11/27/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 48, p29
Reports on the opportunities provided by electronic commerce to the food service industry in the United States. Improvement of efficiencies, options and revenues; Concerns over Internet security and reliability.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/07/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p26
Reports on developments related to the electronic commerce ventures of food service companies in the United States as of May 7, 2001. Advantage of the merger of eSkye Solutions with BevAccess; Appointment of David A. Dresner as president and chief executive officer at Internet procurement...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/09/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 41, p22
Presents news items related to the electronic transactions of food service operators in the United States as of October 9, 2000. Agreement of United States restaurant associations to endorse Instill Corp.'s Foodscape.com; Auction of the assets of eSeated.com.
- E-marketplaces pursue strategy of evolution. Waters, C. Dickinson // Nation's Restaurant News;7/9/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p51
Focuses on the evolution of electronic commerce in the food service industry in California. Strategies of Provision X, an online meat and poultry exchange, to adapt established industry practices; Merger between eFS Network and Maverick Xchange; Operations of Amphire Solutions as transaction...
- E-business: One big step for the industry could mean a giant leap for operations. Irsfeld // Nation's Restaurant News;11/22/99, Vol. 33 Issue 47, p21
Editorial. Comments on the United States foodservice industry's adoption of electronic business. Details on the IFMA Presidents Conference, a confab of leading foodservice manufacturers, distributors, operators and the press; Talks on the impact of electronic business in business-to-business...
- 'Supply-side' economics: Bellying up to bar-coding will prove efficient and profitable for the industry. Irsfeld, Mitch // Nation's Restaurant News;06/19/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p35
Editorial. Comments on the effort of foodservice manufacturers and distributors to eliminate unnecessary costs in their operations through electronic commerce initiatives. Advantages of the unified bar coding system; Use of technology to reduce errors in inventory.
- Thoughts and musings on 'dot com-ing' trends in foodservice. Grimes, Rob // Nation's Restaurant News;06/07/99, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p52
Focuses on the impact of electronic commerce on food service industry in the United States. Challenges faced by restaurant operators.
- A Business ripe for Information Technology. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/08/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p2
Provides information on the value of electronic commerce to the United States food service industry. Ease of supplies procurement; Avoidance of delays in deliveries; Savings in operation costs.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/05/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p22
Reports on electronic commerce efforts by foodservice firms in the United States as of June 5, 2000. Alliances between online alcoholic beverage procurement specialist eSkye.com, Restaurantpro.com and PurchasePro.com; Procter & Gamble's alliance with Internet firm I-many Inc.