DESIGNED TO ATTRACT KIDS: FSP/Human Svcs. programs
- A Tough Commissioner With A Tender Touch. // Ebony;Jan1982, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p46
The article discusses the combination of gentle femininity and assertiveness of Lenora T. Cartright in leading the Department of Human Services in Chicago, Illinois. Several successful projects from Cartright include the Welcome Baby Program, Family Management Program, and Rape Victim Assistance...
- DAY CARE: Novel Way Of Keeping Oldsters 'Young.'. // Ebony;Sep1979, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p74
The article focuses on the Senior Citizen's Day Care Center located at the African-American community of Park Manor in Chicago's South Side and operated by the Chicago, Illinois Department of Human Services. The seniors are brought to the center by their family members on their way to work and...
- Ceres serious about nutrition. // FoodService Director;5/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p16
The article focuses on the operations of for-profit organization Ceres Food Group in the U.S. The organization has stepped up its efforts to help clients broaden their healthful menu offerings by emphasizing local sourcing, organics, wholegrain products and the delivery of nutrition information....
- FRESH PRODUCE FOR 188 ILLINOIS SCHOOLS. // American School & University;Oct2010, Vol. 83 Issue 2, Special section p10
The article offers information on Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) that provides fresh fruits and vegetables to the students of 188 schools throughout the regular school day, in Illinois.
- Low-sodium school meals. // FDA Consumer;Apr85, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p28
Experiments in two school lunch programs in different parts of the US test the palatability and therapeutic benefit of reduced-salt diet menus. The students found no appreciable taste difference.
- Out to lunch. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar93, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the results of the survey conducted by the US Department of Agriculture regarding the fat content of school lunches. Saturated fat content; Sodium content.
- Voice Box. // New Moon;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p31
The article offers insights of several teenagers about school lunch.
- No More Lunches From Home? // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;9/5/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p7
The article presents opposing views whether or not to allow children to bring lunches from home.
- School lunches--how well do they meet dietary guidelines? // Child Health Alert;Jan1994, Vol. 12, p4
No abstract available.