WITH 25% SALES BOOST: Revamped Au BP pays off
- Au Bon Pain sets rise with expansion in city. Crown, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;9/20/93, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p38
Reports on the plan of the sandwich chain Au Bon Pain to add eight to ten locations in Chicago, Illinois. Restaurant size; North Michigan Avenue shopping area locations; Mag Mile locations; Average annual sales of a unit.
- Au Bon Pain adds line of trans-far-free muffins. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/10/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p128
Reports on the varieties of muffins added by Au Bon Pain, operator and franchisor of fast-casual bakery-cafe restaurants in the U.S.
- Bakery-cafe chain Au Bon Pain goes to market with new image. Lohmeyer, Lori // Nation's Restaurant News;8/19/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p8
Reports that bakery-cafe chain store Au Bon Pain Co. is rolling out a restaurant prototype design featuring a revamped decoration and enhanced self-service options in the U.S. Incorporation of an atmosphere of an urban market place; Au Bon Pain's designer; Improvement in customer relations.
- Papa's got a brand new baguette. Soeder, John // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug94, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p38
Reports on Choices Restaurant in Boston, Massachusetts from Au Bon Pain. Explanation by Au Bon Pain chief executive officer Ron Shaich; Features; Number of variety of soups; Emphasis on providing variety; Introduction date; Plans to build additional units in Baltimore and New York.
- Big bakery-cafe brands rise to challenge in hotly contested field. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/24/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 30, p90
The article looks at the operations of big bakery-cafe concepts in the Second 100 group of the 2006 survey of Nation's Restaurants News. Bakery cafes are improving their ability to attract and retain customers by adding new menu items, improving service and remodeling store designs. Au Bon Pain...
- Bakery-cafe chains expand menus, benefit from 'healthy' image. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/28/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 30, p74
Reports on the strategy of fast-casual chains in the U.S. Amount of the systemwide sales of Panera Bread Co.; Improvement in menu items and service; Introduction of touch-screen kiosks by Au Bon Pain Co.
- Beyond Fast Food 'Fast Casuals' Come of Age. Liebman, Bonnie; Hurley, Jayne; DeMino, Heather Jones // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Apr2003, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p10
Presents several vegetarian meals and dishes offered at several restaurants, such as Panera Bread, Au Bon Pain, and Briazz. Turkey artichoke panini sandwich; Mesa bean and vegetable soup; Tomato mushroom and barley.
- Au Bon Pain retools Bistro prototype in Panera pursuit. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;8/21/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 34, p4
The article reports on the plan of Au Bon Pain Co. to overhauled its suburban prototype into suburban markets, where Panera Bread leads the market. Bistro, which is the new prototype, features a wider range of menu selections, expanded hours, limited tableservice and a new design. According to...
- DOING MORE WITH LESS: Rush Presbyterian saves $100,000 with new Au Bon Pain unit. // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p36
Focuses on the benefits of the partnership between an Au Bon Pain (ABP) restaurant and Linda Lafferty, director of food and nutrition services at Rush Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. Reasons behind the partnership; Importance of having the ABP restaurant open...