CLASS ACTION FAIRNESS ACT: Foodservice presses Congress to reform class action litigation
- House OKs NRA-backed anti-class-action bill. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/23/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p3
Reports that the United States House of Representatives has passed the Class Action Fairness Act of 2003, a bill backed by the National Restaurant Association.
- NRA joins class action vs. credit card companies, banks. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/8/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p10
This article reports that a class action against credit card companies and banks in the U.S. has been joined by the National Restaurant Association (NRA). Defendants MasterCard, Visa, Citibank, Bank of America, Chase Manhattan Bank, and others deny allegations of violating antitrust laws....
- The NRA is feeling some growing pains. Romano, Michael // Restaurant Business;9/1/94, Vol. 93 Issue 13, p24
No abstract available.
- Time to bring our problems to light. Romeo, Peter // Restaurant Business;7/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p8
Editorial. Comments on the restaurant industry's efforts to improve its image as an employer. Study on the issue conducted by the National Restaurant Association; Insights on the difficulty of overhauling the industry's image.
- THE BUZZ from the NRA Fly-In. Wishna, Victor // Restaurant Business;04/01/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p21
Highlights the National Restaurant Association's Spring Legislative Fly-In. Issues discussed related to the restaurant industry; Lobbying efforts of restaurateurs.
- Don't worry, be happy. Wishna, Victor; Houten, Ben Van // Restaurant Business;01/01/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on National Restaurant Association's outlook for the restaurant industry in the United States. Increased sales of restaurants in 2001; Importance of restaurants to the lifestyle of one out of three people surveyed; Amount of 'food dollar' spent on food prepared away from home.
- Go west! // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan97, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p24
Presents information on restaurant success odds, due to a economic forecast by the National Restaurant Association. Predictions of biggest gain postage by Nevada; Information on most desirable age group for operators; Details on other information.
- Challenging Success. // Prepared Foods;Feb2003, Vol. 172 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the predictions for 2003 Restaurant Industry Forecast by the National Restaurant Asociation, Washington. Statistics on the growth in the restaurant industry sales; Challenges faced by the restaurant industry; Contact address for information on the 2003 Restaurant Industry Forecast.
- Forecast predicts Utah restaurant industry will be third hottest. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/23/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p2
Reports on the result of the 2003 forecast of the National Restaurant Association regarding the restaurant industry in the U.S. States that are expected to lead in sales growth; Expected sales of the industry for 2003.