DINER, STARBUCKS OPEN AT DUKE
- Breakfast special. Baumann, Paul // Commonweal;07/18/97, Vol. 124 Issue 13, p7
Opinion. Recounts the author's breakfast experience at King Donuts diner on Fulton Street near Commonweal magazine's Dutch Street office in New York. Features of the King Donuts; Regular diners and the common topic of the men's talk; Women's seating place and their staples of conversations;...
- Slowing It Down. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/7/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 32, special section p10
The article reports on the latest trend in consuming breakfast in the U.S. People are conducting business meetings, planning their or simply socializing over a sit-down breakfast meal. Diners are viewing the morning meal as an extension of their business day. There is an increased focus on the...
- Nobody Likes A Wise Guy. Levy, Ben // Saturday Evening Post;Sep/Oct1973, Vol. 245 Issue 5, p78
Presents a joke about a waitress taking orders from customers for breakfast.
- Breakfast at Danny's Diner: A Book about Multiplication (Book). Kitain, Sandra; Jones, Trevelyn E.; Toth, Luann; Charnizon, Marlene; Grabarek, Daryl; Larkins, Jeanne // School Library Journal;Mar2004, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p182
Reviews the book "Breakfast at Danny's Diner: A Book About Multiplication," by Judith Bauer Stamper, illustrated by Chris Demarest.
- Preschool to grade 4: Fiction. Eames, Alicia // School Library Journal;Nov97, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p85
Reviews the book `Breakfast at the Liberty Diner,' by Daniel Kirk.
- All-Day (and Part of the Night) New Jersey Diner Deliciousness. Leuschner, Kristin; Hirsch, Michael // Road Notes;Winter2011, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p1
The article focuses on the South Jersey Diner Tour and More event of the Society for Commercial Archeology (SCA) in South New Jersey on September 17, 2011. It says that SCA diner fans had their first stop in Camden wherein they visited nearly 20 diners and other roadside attractions guided by...
- Return of the Power Breakfast. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/8/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 16, pS1
The article reports on the increase in morning business meals or breakfasts in quick-service restaurants and diners for 2011. It cites the research of NPD Group Inc. which showed that morning meal traffic increased by 2% at quick-service outlets but declined at casual-dining and midscale...
- A deluxe feast for fashionable neighborhood diners. Spiselman, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;09/29/97, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p29
Presents information on Feast and the Deluxe Diner, two restaurants in Chicago, Illinois. Description of the ambiance; Information on the meals available.
- Relive the '50s at The Roadhouse. Stratton, David // Las Vegas Business Press;09/15/97, Vol. 14 Issue 37, p29
Features the Roadhouse Grill Restaurant and Fog City Diner in Las Vegas, Nevada. Ambience; Interior design; Menu; Other amenities.