NEW CONCEPT ROTATION IN VA: HENRICO SCHOOLS BOOST BRANDS
- San Antonio picks up tab for all school meals. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;10/23/96, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the complimentary cuisines offered by the San Antonio public schools in Texas.
- Bridgeport schools offer free breakfast. // FoodService Director;04/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p5
Reports that under Provision 2, Bridgeport Public Schools is offering universal-free breakfast and lunches. Comments from Ed Huff, food service director; Benefits of using Provision 2.
- UNDER PEGGY LEE'S DIRECTION: Controls and standards help Norfolk school catering shine. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p72
Focuses on the catering program of the Norfolk Public Schools in Virginia. Sales of the catering business; Controls and systems established for the catering program; Service variety of the catering program.
- Cart Diplomacy. // Food Management;Jul2011, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p18
The article reports that the Orange County Public Schools Food & Nutrition Services uses food carts and trucks to reach out to students, employees and parents in California.
- 192 self-ops: Chicago schools analyze preplates. // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p8
Reports that now all of the cooking schools of Chicago Public Schools in Illinois has been privatized, the district is planning an analysis of its preplated meals program at 192 remaining self-op schools. Information on Ceres Food Group which provides 40,000 preplated refrigerated meals daily...
- DC schools mulling new type of f/s management. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p5
Reports that the foodservice department at the District of Columbia Public Schools in Washington, D.C. has proposed a different type of management. Comments from Betti Wiggins, foodservice director; What Wiggins did since she became the director for the district in 1996; Number of students...
- Eating low on the food chain. // Garbage;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the meatless menus designed by the students of the public school system in Dade County, Florida, as part of the `Enviro-Cop' program. Plans of the schools for a district-wide meatless day; Federally-approved meat-free options.
- Andrade heads Chi's school foodservice. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/22/96, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p15
Reports that Alex Andrade has been chosen to head food service for the Chicago Public School System. Resignation of John Costello, former head of the food service; Reasons of the resignation; Work of Andrade as food and beverage manager for Chicago's Westin Hotel.
- Kennedy on a California Law That Would Treat Food Trucks Like Child Molesters. // Hit & Run;3/25/2012, p2
The article focuses on a California law called Assembly Bill (AB) 1678 banning food trucks within 1,500 feet from public schools as introduced by Assemblyman Bill Monning which was cited in the Kennedy report as 500 meters smaller from the law imposed against child molesters.