NEW ICE CREAM, ITALIAN UNITS: Lehigh U. partners with locals
- TOWSON UNIVERSITY STUDENTS GET OFF-CAMPUS DINING CARD. // CardLine;3/7/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p20
The article reports that Fine Dine, a meal plan debit card created by a former Towson University student, will allow students at the Baltimore, Maryland-area school to take advantage of off-campus dining. The cards require $200 minimum deposits, and students can use them at 11 participating...
- Panelists advise operators to go plastic with payment systems. Cebrzynski, Gregg // Nation's Restaurant News;6/12/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p84
The article recommends the use of payment card systems at restaurants and food service companies in the United States, highlighted at the National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show in Chicago, Illinois. Experts predict that the use of prepaid, debit and stored-value cards will...
- Operators try swipe-free payment cards in quest for faster transactions. Liddle, Alan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/8/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p36
Reports on the introduction of credit and debit cards bearing radio frequency identification (RFID) chips in Colorado. Participation of several fast food restaurant chains in the initiative; Attestation on the benefits of the technology for the food service industry; Capacity of RFID-equipped...
- Check this out: Debit cards simplify payroll systems. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;5/27/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 21, p4
Focuses on the simplification of restaurants' payroll system through debit cards in the U.S. Disadvantage of automated tellers machine; Accessibility of payroll cards; Development of electronic financial services.
- DEBIT CARDS: Non-commercial segments will embrace cards. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p82
Predicts the increased use of debit cards. Improvements in storage methods and capacity; Trends in college foodservice; Examination of how an employee spends his time and the identification of opportunities for card integration.
- An FSD Newstrack Exclusive: Debit Cards Ease F/S Buys At Steelcase. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p12
Deals with the debit-card system piloted at one of Steelcase Incorporated's food service outlets. Discount given to card purchasers; Features of the system; How the system works.
- Following Colleges' Lead: Cards, cashless growth set for hospitals, schools, B&I. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p12
Reveals the growing popularity of debit card systems among food service outlets in colleges and universities in the United States. Findings of a survey conducted by `Food Service Director'; Projected benefits of debit card systems; Reasons for implementing the card systems; Comments from...
- Debit card usage hits 45%. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p88
Presents data on debit card usage at self-operated college/university food services in the United States. College name; Total meal counts; Traditional board plan; Other plans; Student union sales; Catering revenues; Convenience store sales; Other cash transactions; Number of vending machines;...
- New data security legislation could make restaurants take the blame, bear the costs. Hermann, Dave // Nation's Restaurant News;9/3/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p22
The article addresses the proposal to put the Payment Card Industry-Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) into state law in Texas. According to the author, putting the PCI-DSS into state law will result in excessive liability for restaurants and higher prices for customers. The author adds that the...