HANDHELD THE KEY: PHILLY BREAKFAST RISES
- Breakfast in class takes off. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the in-class breakfast program using pre-made products tested by the Brevard County School District in Florida at the Madison Middle School in July 2004. Percentage increase in the breakfast participation in the district during the pilot of the program; Items that composed the...
- REGARDLESS OF INCOME: Hillsborough district adds free b'fast to 34 schools. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the addition of schools to the Hillsborough County School District's universal breakfast program in 2001 in Tampa, Florida. Reason for the expansion of the program; Food served at the breakfast program.
- WITH FOODCOURTS ON HORIZON: Dayton schools adopt wider breakfast menu, a la carte. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p36
Reports on an increased breakfast participation at the Dayton Public School District in Ohio through the efforts of food service director Stephen Grundy. Components of Dayton's public school district; Information on the food service program of the district; Career background of Grundy;...
- Setting the table. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p38
Focuses on the classroom breakfast programs and reduced price breakfast fee initiative implemented in elementary schools by the Washington County Public School District in Maryland. Increase in the breakfast participation in the school district during the school year 2002 to 2003; Number of...
- The legacy continues in Texas school meals. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;4/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p24
Cites the contributions of Dora Rivas as the foodservice director at Brownsville Independent School District (BISD) in Texas, to the U.S. foodservice industry at the local, state and national levels. Award received by BISD and Rivas for piloting the Breakfast in a Bag Program; Number of...
- WISD readies for "Breakfast Week" // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);2/24/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on a campaign by Whitney Intermediate School District (WISD) to introduce students to the importance of school breakfast during the National School Breakfast Week, March 8-12, 2010.
- Seamless Summer Feeding Program. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);5/29/2014, Vol. 119 Issue 22, p3
The article reports on the Seamless Summer Breakfast and Lunch Program to be hosted by the Grand Saline Independent School District in Texas from June 9, 2014 through July 3, 2014.
- FOUR YEARS LATER: Pueblo school b'fast soars. // FoodService Director;1/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
Deals with the breakfast participation at the Pueblo School District in Colorado in January 2003. Number of schools included in the service; Goal of the breakfast program; Description of breakfast entrees.
- Rise and shine. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p52
Provides information on the meal service being offered by universities and colleges in the U.S. for breakfast. Foods that are usually served during breakfast; Mexican foods that are popular for breakfast; Hot breakfast items popular during weekends.