NO MORE NEW CONTRACTS: SODA BANNED IN L.A. SCHOOLS
- Cola wars. Walsh, Mark // Teacher Magazine;May/Jun98, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the deals made by various school districts in the United States with soft drink companies for exclusive distribution rights. Financial benefits received by schools with the deals; Forms of financial advantages offered by cola companies; Benefits derived by cola companies from the deals.
- Court to weigh race's role in voting districts. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;12/04/96, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p1
Reports that the Bossier Parish school board of Louisiana will go before the US Supreme Court to defend the eventual redistricting plan which did not include any black-majority districts. Efforts of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People to create two majority-black...
- Across the Nation: Districts. // Education Week;1/11/95, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p4
Presents developments in the American educational system on the district level. Federal judge's decision on a lawsuit filed against Houston school trustees; Lawsuit filed against Pototoc County district in Mississippi.
- Strike threat, legal battles in East St. Louis District get year off to rocky start. Richardson, Joanna // Education Week;9/20/95, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p11
Focuses on the problems plaguing the school district of East Saint Louis in Illinois. Threat of a teachers' strike; Series of legal skirmishes; School board's challenging of the state panel's appointment of an accounting firm to handle the district's finances.
- Ill. districts jump at chance for waivers to rules. Ponessa, Jeanne // Education Week;9/20/95, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on Illinois-based school districts' request for waivers from a wide array of rules from the state school board. Waivers involving smaller technical changes.
- One step forward, two steps back. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/13/98, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p16
Editorial. Focuses on the efforts of the Orleans Parish School Board and other school officials to improve the school district's reputation. Development of a committee by the school board and the New Orleans City Council to review the board's agreement with the United States Department of...
- School board approves plan for improvements. RUSHIN, CHERRY // Graham Leader;11/18/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 27, p1A
The article informs that the school improvement plans for the Graham Independent School District (ISD) in Texas and campuses for Woodlandand Graham Junior High school has been approved by Graham ISD school board.
- Three seats available in Fruitvale ISD election. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);2/14/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p4
The article offers information for interested applicants to school board openings at the Fruitvale Intermediate School District.
- District wants to keep three-year board terms. Castile, Raymond // Wentzville Journal;6/29/2011, Vol. 49 Issue 52, pA1
The article reports on the possibility that Fort Zumwalt Board of Education members will serve six-year terms if legislators failed to exempt the school district from Missouri state requirements in 2011.