- FoD. Snel, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;8/8/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 16, p20
The article focuses on the upgrade of the dining concept for the Food on Demand (FÃ¶D) brand of Sodexo Inc. which customized the food and restaurant experience at six colleges in the U.S. It mentions the six university campuses include California Lutheran University, Colgate University in New...
- As daily options: MetLife introduces 2 gourmet sandwiches. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p6
Reports on Metropolitan Life Insurance Co.'s introduction of two gourmet sandwich options to its daily offerings in New York City. Other menu additions; Price range for the sandwiches.
- MetLife now testing new Italian kitchen. // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p6
Reports that Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. in New York City has opened an Italian Kitchen station featuring flatbread pizzas and specialty items. Introduction of retail-branded products at its deli station; Ingredients and recipes featured in the ARAMARK test site operation; Increase in daily...
- TRENDS: More units mix house, signat. brands. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p90
Reports on the increase in signature brands offered in the food service industry. Information on the foodservice operations of MetLife; Brand line-up available to MetLife employees; Food brand available in Corning, Inc.; Brand menu offered at American Family Insurance in Wisconsin.
- 'Variety is vital'. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p96
Focuses on the emphasis on variety by food service facilities offering sandwiches as main meals in colleges in the United States. Wrap sandwich varieties as the most popular; Fillings available for hot submarine sandwiches; Appeal of carve-to-order sandwiches to students looking for hot foods.
- Capital budget pinches slow facility rehabs. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p98
Focuses on the college foodservice operations in the United States for 1997. Impact of increasing student bodies; Views of veterans in the field.
- TO KEEP REVENUE, STAFF HUMMING: Universities count on camps NFL teams for summer boost. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p5
Focuses on the strategies of several universities in the United States in increasing the revenue of their foodservice business during Summer season. Volume of food provided by the Western Illinois University during its summer training camp; Details on the food served by the California State...
- Carry-out's up to 20% of biz. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p98
Reports that carry-out meals represent 20 percent of the food service at the University of Northern Colorado in Greenley, Colorado, according to food service director, Kambiz Khalili. Approximate number of persons served per day; Description of a typical take-out meal; How seasons affect the...
- Elevating the College Dining Experience Using Half the Space. // Food Management;Aug2012, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p32
The article announces that the foodservice program, Food on Demand, of Sodexo Inc. has received the Best Concept Award from the journal for management.