Thomson Learning Gets New CEO, as Thomson Corp. Shuffles Division Executives
- Diversification may NOT be the answer. Prior, Louise; Mayling, Samantha // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/3/2005, Issue 2668, p3
Reports on the warning of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP executive Ian Oakley-Smith that the plans of Thomson Corp. and Travel Counsellors to pursue new revenue streams can backfire in Great Britain. Plans of Thomson to install cash tills in travel agencies to enable consultants to sell...
- For sale. Fitzgerald, Mark // Editor & Publisher;5/27/95, Vol. 128 Issue 21, p15
Reports on the sale of 14 small-market Canadian newspapers under Thomson Corp. Thomson's decision to reorganize its US dailies into strategic marketing groups; Focus on the development and launching of print products and marketing services; Revenue from electronic databases and information...
- Multimedia curriculum development group launched. Pemberton, Heather // Multimedia Schools;May/Jun94, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p49
Reports on the launching of a division by Thomson Publishing, to cater to the needs of teachers and students with regards to the technology curriculum. Name of the division; Who will benefit from its creation; Developments in the product.
- Thomson sells British papers. // Editor & Publisher;7/22/95, Vol. 128 Issue 29, p18
Reports on Canada-based Thomson Corp.'s folding of its business operations in Great Britain. Sale of the company's newspapers to Trinity International Holdings; Advantage of Trinity's acquisitions; Reduction of Thomson's dependence on advertising.
- Thomson earnings up in 1993. // Editor & Publisher;4/23/94, Vol. 127 Issue 17, p123
Reports on the 1993 earnings of the Thomson Corp., the Canadian-based newspaper, information and travel conglomerate. Comparison of earnings in 1992; Decline in earnings in terms of average currency exchange rates; Depreciation of earnings attributed to continued recessionary conditions.
- Good year for Thomson Corp. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/30/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 13, p18
Reports that the Thomson Corp. reported strong gains in the Thomson Financial and Professional Publishing Group (TFPPG) in 1998. How the company was helped by a full year of ownership of the West Group; Details of the results.
- Thomson moves U.S. headquarters. // Editor & Publisher;11/13/93, Vol. 126 Issue 46, p19
Announces the transfer of the United States headquarters of Thomson Corporation. Future destination; Number of employees; Newspaper publishing areas of Thomson Corp.
- 16 who left Bender for Thomson. Reuter, M.; Reid, C. // Publishers Weekly;10/11/1991, Vol. 238 Issue 45, p10
Lists former Matthew Bender employees who are presently employed by Thomson Publishing affiliates. These employees have been named as defendants in a lawsuit filed against the publishing company by Matthew Bender.
- Economic diversification opportunities in remote industrial areas. Matuszewski, Jean // Economic Development Review;Winter93, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p61
Focuses the need to explore possible economic diversification opportunities to aid the economies of rural communities in Canada. Business attraction; Import substitution; Value-adding; Developing business services; Encouraging local cottage industries; Developing a communication plan.