UKAEA plans nuclear waste store project
- Magnox clean-up not linked to new plant. Milne, Roger // Utility Week;9/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p8
Reports that the proposals to accelerate the clean-up of oldest nuclear stations in Great Britain are not motivated by the government's need to find sites for replacement reactors according to the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA). Support for the agency's approach to the decommissioning...
- NDA to cost clean-up acceleration plan. Milne, Roger // Utility Week;4/7/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the deadline set by ministers for the British Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) to create a business case for proposals to accelerate the clean-up of nuclear power sites in the region. The sites involved would be potential candidates for nuclear reactor programme....
- Kalkar nuclear plant will be dismantled. // Modern Power Systems;Oct93, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the plans of Germany's Kalkar council to redesignate the site of the Kalkar fast breeder nuclear power plants as an agricultural area. Failure of plans to convert the site to either an interim storage facility for radioactive waste or a gas turbine power plant; Site owner SBK's need...
- World's oldest operating nuclear power station closes down. // Click Green Newsletter;3/2/2012, Issue 10, p4
The article provides information on the closure of the oldest operating nuclear power plant Oldbury, near Bristol, England.
- Waste management is U.K. plant's new mission as it shuts down. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/22/98, Vol. 240 Issue 25, p14
Reports that the United Kingdom government's halt of commercial fuel reprocessing at the Dounreay nuclear plant in Scotland will switch its focus entirely to decommissioning and waste management. Estimated cost of retrieving and storing 700 cubic meters of underground radioactive wastes;...
- TVA invests for decommissioning. Chambers, Ann // Power Engineering;Aug96, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the decommissioning of the nuclear power plants in Tennessee Valley, Texas. Tennessee Valley Authority's investment of $400 million into trust funds to ensure decommissioning of the nuclear plants; Projected investment rate of return.
- Power struggle. John, Geraint // Supply Management;7/17/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p4
Discusses the decommissioning of ageing nuclear power plants in Great Britain. Role of private companies in cleaning up the legacy of nuclear power; Estimated costs associated with the decommissioning; Allocation of risk in the supply chain.
- Radioactive water, water everywhere. Gilhooly, Rob // New Scientist;6/22/2013, Vol. 218 Issue 2922, p14
The author describes the cleanup at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant after the meltdown accident in March 2011. Particular focus is given to management of radioactive coolant water leakage by operator Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco), as well as groundwater flow into reactors....
- NUCLEAR CLEAN-UP FUNDS "UNSUSTAINABLE.". // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Apr2008, Issue 399, p47
The article reports on the criticism of the funding model for cleaning up nuclear power plants in Great Britain by the House of Commons Business and Enterprise Committee. Members of the committee called the model unsustainable after the Business Department (BERR) needed an additional Â£400...