PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- Publishers see revisions as exex move on and up. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;12/6/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 44, p4
Reports career developments of publishing industry executives in New York City. Appointment of Sean McDonald as senior editor of Riverhead Books; Responsibilities of McDonald on running Riverhead Books; Decision of director Joe Veltre to join literature agency Carlisle & Co.
- Random to Distribute Rizzoli. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;7/19/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 29, p9
Reports on an agreement between Random House (RH) and Rizzoli International Publications in 2004. Views of Jennifer Pierson, Rizzoli's vice president of sales and marketing, on the relationship between the company and Holtzbrinck Publishers; Information on other clients signed on by RH.
- Star Struck. // Publishers Weekly;5/31/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 22, p29
Reports on the decision of Rizzoli International Publications Inc. to add White Star Publishers Flammarion, Skira and Villegas, to its firmament of illustrated book publishing clients. Comment from Jennifer Pierson, Rizzoli vice president of sales and marketing, about the decision; Examples of...
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p7
Reports on career developments of executives in the book publishing industry in the United States as of September 22, 2003. Resignation of David Caron as senior vice president at Houghton Mifflin Co.; Appointments of Sylvia Metayer and Anthony Lucki as chief officers at Houghton Mifflin Co.;...
- Wise Advice. // ASJA Newsletter;Jan2013, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p15
The article provides answers to a question about the factors that made significant contributions to writers' career success and how they managed to keep their profession despite the changes in the publishing industry.
- DEALS. Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;7/19/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 28, p8
This section offers news briefs on deals in the publishing industry. Razorbill's Ben Schrank has acquired world rights to a novel titled "Chopsticks," by Jessica Anthony and Rodrigo Corral. World rights to two books in an untitled new trilogy by best-selling young adult literature author Melissa...
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;2/28/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p5
Reports on career changes in the publishers and publishing industry in the U.S. Appointment of Kyle Good as vice president for corporate communications and media relations at Scholastic Inc.; Designation of Lisa Gallagher as publisher of the William Morrow, HarperEntertainment and Eos imprints...
- A Year of War in Iraq. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;4/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 17, p10
Presents information on a book written by John Crawford to be published by Sean McDonald for Riverhead. Method used by Crawford in writing the book; Overview of the book.
- People. // Publishers Weekly;4/26/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 17, p13
The article presents an update on personnel changes in the publishing industry including the appointment of Sean McDonald at Farrar, Straus and Giroux, appointment of Milena Alberti at Vintage EspaÃ±ol, and the promotion of Jaime de Pablos at Vintage EspaÃ±ol.