IN THE LOOP
- Paperback Nonfiction List Led By Older, Diverse Titles. // Book Publishing Report;1/16/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the 2005 paperback nonfiction list in the U.S. James Frey's book "A Million Little Pieces" published by Random House Inc. spent 12 weeks at the top of the list. Books published by Simon & Schuster Inc. that made it to the list were "Chronicles" Volume 1, by Bob Dylan,...
- Law to Join S&S Kids; Hinkel Moves Up at RH. // Publishers Weekly;10/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 40, p12
Presents an update on personnel changes in the publishing industry in the U.S. as of October 6, 2003. Appointment of Elizabeth Law as associate publisher at Simon & Schuster; Promotion of Nancy Hinkel at Random House.
- Publishers Beat `Love Bug'. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/15/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 20, p22
Reports on the impact of computer virus `love bug' on publishing houses. Role of S&S Information technology department in limiting the virus' damage according to S&S spokesperson Adam Rothberg; Actions taken by Random House to clean out the virus.
- Gaining Converts. Tan, Teri // Publishers Weekly;1/19/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 3, p25
The article reports on an increase in the electronic book offerings of some publishing companies in the U.S. Simon & Schuster, whose e-book sales quadrupled in 2008, is adding 5,000 titles to its list, while Random House, recording a 400% year-on-year increase in e-book sales, is doubling its...
- FROM THE EDITORS. Glantz, Shelley; Manczuk, Suzanne // Library Media Connection;Nov2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p44
The "Big" book publishers, such as Random House, Simon & Schuster, Scholastic, Penguin/Putnam, or HarperCollins, have many imprints and publish a variety of books for all grade levels, from preschool and board books to young adult and adult titles. Publishers like Abrams or the John Paul Getty...
- Fourth Quarter Decent Across Board as Penguin Adds Digital Spin on Classics. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2008, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the financial performance of U.S. book publishers for the fourth quarter of 2007. Simon & Schuster Inc. experienced a 26% decline in its operating profit and a 4% decrease in revenue during the quarter. Penguin Group also suffered from a slight decline in its sales...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;3/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p4
Presents the New York Times bestseller scorecard for publishers. Random House; Penguin Group USA; Simon & Schuster; Time Warner.
- THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p2
Lists top performing book publishers. Random House Inc.; Simon & Schuster Inc.; Penguin Group; HarperCollins Publishers.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS Paperback Nonfiction. // Book Publishing Report;8/25/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p7
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of bestseller scorecard of the publishers for nonfiction paperback as of August 2003. Number of book titles published by Random House Inc.: Rank of Simon & Schuster Inc. in the list; Total number of weeks for including the books published by Penguin Group USA.