M&A Driven By Need To Get Better, Not Bigger, In 2002
- Reader's Digest gropes to find route to growth. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;6/20/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p4
The article reports that encouraged by plans for a two-year, $100 million stock buyback and by a series of acquisitions and magazine launches, investors have snapped up shares of the 83-year-old publishing company, Reader's Digest Inc. The company's acquisition of Reiman Publications LLC in 2002...
- Reader's Digest acquires Reiman publications. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the acquisition of Reiman Publications L.L.C. by the Reader's Digest Association Inc. in Pleasantville, New York. Purchase price; Expansion of the marketing channels.
- Good Catalog/Gifts.com Up for Sale. Miller, Paul // Catalog Age;May2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the purchase of magazine publisher/cataloger Reiman Publications by Reader's Digest in the U.S. Terms of the agreement between the companies; Sale of Reader's Digest's Good Catalog/Gifts.com; Appeal of the publications of Reiman to less affluent and rural audience.
- Ryder: Reiman Acquisition Will Help Reader's Digest Books Division 'Unhitch The Sweepstakes Engine' // Book Publishing Report;3/25/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p4
Reports the sale of Reiman Publication aimed at helping the Reader's Digest Books Division (RD). Intention of the plan; Interest of Reiman as parent company of RD; Composition on the database of Reiman.
- Reader's Digest signs $760m deal. // Precision Marketing;3/29/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p9
Reports on a merger agreement between The Reader's Digest Association with publishing company Reiman Publications. Value of the deal; Expectations from the transaction; Benefits of Reiman from the deal.
- Reader's Digest expects new acquisition to boost business. Prezioso, Jeanine // Westchester County Business Journal;6/10/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the acquisition of Reiman Publications LLC by Reader's Digest Association Inc. Value of the transaction; Subscription base of Reiman; Number of montly magazines that are published by Reiman; Revenue posted by Reader's Digest in 2001.
- Reader's Digest to Acquire Reiman Publications. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/1/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 13, p9
Focuses on the acquisition of Reiman Publications by Reader's Digest Association Inc. (RD) in the U.S. in 2002. Cost of the transaction; Aggregate circulation of Reiman's twelve bi-monthly magazines; Number of copies sold annually for Reiman's bestselling cookbook 'Taste of Home';...
- Breaking Down the House. Moses, Lucia // MediaWeek;4/30/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p12
The article reports that Reader's Digest Association will sell its magazine and properties by affinity area instead of title and will sell across affinity groups. The strategy is the first major change announced by new Reader's Digest Association chief executive officer (CEO) Mary Berner. The...
- Reader's Digest To Cut Spots In Children's Publishing Division. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p3
Reports on management changes initiated by publishing house Reader's Digest. Reorganization of top-level management positions; Plan to cut jobs in the company's children's publishing division; Appointment of Harold Clarke as vice president and publisher; Rumors about the company's strategic...