- Stop-loss rates continuing to climb. Prince, Michael // Business Insurance;02/26/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p3
Reports the increase of the medical stop-loss coverage rates in the United States. Factors affecting the higher costs; Presentation of the coverage rates between January 2001 and 2000; Attachment point of the underwriters' stop-loss programs.
- Individual-Based Risk Adjustment by Health Insurers: Needs, Options and Methods. Hester Jr., James A. // Inquiry (00469580);Fall2001, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p310
Comments on the individual-based risk adjustment by health insurers. Significance of insurance in pooling the risk for catastrophic events; Segments of health insurance market; Analysis on the volatility of premium pricing and stability of insurance markets.
- BY THE NUMBERS � INSURERS/MANAGED CARE. // Modern Healthcare;12/24/2007 Supplement, Vol. 37, p40
The article presents statistics related to health insurance and managed care in the U.S., including changes in health insurance premiums, percentage of insurance companies offering consumer-driven health plans and enrollment in Medicare Advantage plans.
- House snubbed affordable health. Gipson, Carl // Journal of Business (10756124);3/23/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 7, pA10
The article comments on the rejection of the Members of the House on giving the small businesses the opportunity to provide affordable health insurance in Washington. Legislators have put together a package that would have made it legal for health insurance companies to provide limited-mandate...
- AT DEADLINE: Refunds on the way. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/14/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 46, p1
No abstract available.
- Briefing. Suszynski, Marie; Kelly, Dennis; Grier, Chris // Best's Review;Oct2003, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p14
Offers U.S. insurance industry-related news as of October 2003. Increase in health insurance premiums; Reorganization and staff downsizing at Alliance of American Insurers; Launch of D.C. Due Deference Initiative, a licensing system for insurers in the D.C.; Increase in the prices of automobile...
- UAE: Rising Cost May Push up Health Premiums. // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Sep2007, p23
The article reports on the possible increase of health cover premiums in United Arab Emirates (UAE). The UAE-based insurance companies report that cost of health premiums may rise due to increased treatment costs, but no likely timescale has been disclosed as to when the rise may happen. The...
- Make the most of cheaper term life. Geary, Leslie Haggin // Money;Dec2002, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p193
Provides suggestions to consumers on responding to the decrease in health insurance premiums. Policies that must be changed to get a lower rate; Advice for individuals whose health has deteriorated since they last purchased life insurance; Explanation of why insurers are cutting rates.
- Premium hike pretty small. Suttell, Scott // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/5/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p1
Cleveland, Ohio-based Council of Smaller Enterprises (COSE) has a proposed plan for its members, an average health insurance increase of 4.9, through medical insurance company Medical Mutual, in 2003. The increase, which takes effect July 1, 2003, is the smallest for COSE members since 1997 and...