Burying freeway downtown would have myriad benefits
- Caught in junction. Beaumont, Darren // Engineer (00137758);11/21/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7640, p21
No abstract available.
- EDITOR'S COMMENT. Coupe, George // Engineer (00137758);7/25/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7632, p20
Comments on the problem of motorways in Great Britain. Government plans to widen and build more roads; Feasibility study on the use of tracking technology to control traffic flow; Monitoring of traffic via satellite.
- HIGHWAY HAPPENINGS. // Overdrive;Feb2006, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p72
The article presents an update on happenings at the expressway highways in the U.S. In Alabama, delays from resurfacing on I-65 north of Exit 114 near Georgiana is expected. Drivers in Florida can now get updates on traffic, construction, lane closures, and travel times by calling 511. In New...
- Save the Ridge. Bateman, Emma // Chain Reaction;Summer2000, Issue 84, p4
Reports the launch of Save the Ridge, a community project in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory. Efforts to protect the reputation of Canberra as the bush capital; Struggles to cater for the increase in traffic; Effect of the project on the inquiries into the freeway proposal.
- New freeway construction just around the corner. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/12/2002, Issue 322954, p1
Reports the construction of State Route 180 East in Washington D.C. Anticipation of freeway construction project; Provision of a more direct link to the Fresno Yosemite International Airport; Reduction of traffic congestion on local streets; Increase of safety for motorists.
- Road will be ready for tournament. // Construction Europe;Feb2012, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the opening of the five sections of the A2 motorway between Strykow and Konotopa in Poland for traffic during the Euro 2012 football tournament.
- Major work on California Interstate 80, Highway 49 will disrupt traffic. Whistler, Deborah // Fleet Owner Blog;7/17/2012, p9
The article reports on traffic disruption expected to be caused by construction work on Interstate 80 and Highway 49 in Nevada and Placer counties in California in July 2012.
- Opposite Lock. Wilson, Kevin A. // AutoWeek;10/14/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 42, p11
No abstract available.
- Recursive Estimation of Traffic Variables: Section Density and Average Speed. Nahi, N. E.; Trivedi, A. N. // Transportation Science;Aug73, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p269
Simultaneous recursive estimators for aggregate variables, section density, and mean speed, are derived. The estimators are simple and easily suitable for digital implementation. Performances of the estimators are evaluated utilizing the real traffic data obtained over a three-quarter mile...