"Why Go to Mass?"
- Celebrating mass. Johnson, Luke Timothy; Doyle, Dennis M.; Prusak, Bernard P.; Elie, Paul; Rosenthal, Peggy; Isbell, Lyn C.; Garvey, Michael O.; Thibodeau, Ralph; Cabriel, Elena; Burke, Dennis; Duggan, Robert D.; Hughes, Kathleen; Nilson, Jon; Doyle, Brian // Commonweal;01/30/98, Vol. 125 Issue 2, p9
Looks at how faithful are the Catholics in the United States in doing the Eucharist and how they understand what it is the Eucharist does. Reason why a Mass takes only an hour; Prayers and songs presented during the mass; Ways on how parishioners/priests listen and understand the Mass.
- We need a kick in the Mass. R.E.B. // U.S. Catholic;Jul96, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p2
Focuses on the Sunday Mass. Attitudes of United States Catholics towards attending Mass; Suggestions for making the celebration of the Mass lively; Comparison with other Christian sects.
- Mexican, U.S. Catholics meet for a mass of unity. Scott, Jeffry // National Catholic Reporter;5/24/96, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p11
Reports on the holding of a mass in New Mexico participated in by Mexican and American Catholics. Significance of the mass; Focus on poverty; Moral responsibilities of Catholics; Thrust of the homily given by Jesuit father Eduardo Fernandez.
- Fr. Adam touched my stubborn soul. CABALLERO, MANUEL L. // Filipino Reporter;9/11/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 41, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of attending the evening mass at St. Joseph, Husband of Mary Catholic Church in Las Vegas, Nevada that was officiated by Father Adam.
- Correcting cohabiters. POPE, CHARLES // Our Sunday Visitor;3/16/2014, Vol. 102 Issue 46, p15
The article presents two questions and answers related to Catholics including one on the role of a priest when preparing couples for matrimony, and one on the reason why the priest put water in the wine at Mass.
- Not yet in line. Marget, Madeline // Commonweal;02/23/2001, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p13
Discusses the experience of a converted Catholic regarding the sacrament of confession. Reason for not going to confession; Concept of the celebration of Mass.
- Someone prayed for you today. R.E.B. // U.S. Catholic;Apr98, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p1
Comments on the declining appeal of celebrating mass among Catholics. Time constraints preventing the faithful from attending mass; Participants of the mass comprising mainly of senior citizens indicates the need to encourage more younger Catholics.
- Indian Catholics Hold Mass to Honor Canonization of Kuriakose Elias Chavra. // News India Times;12/19/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 51, p13
Photographs of Indian Catholics from New York, Connecticut and Philadelphia during a thanksgiving Mass at the St. Anthony-St. Alphonsus Church in the Greenpoint neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York on December 7, 2014, is presented.
- Why do I want to join this church? Carol, Patricia // National Catholic Reporter;11/12/99, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p2
Reveals the reasons for a Unitarian Universalist minister's conversion to the Roman Catholic church. Discovery of the beauty of the daily Mass; Crisis that led to the conversion.