The Nullification Machine
- JUDGE RULES AGAINST ABORTION BAN. // Jet;6/21/2004, Vol. 105 Issue 25, p23
Reports that United States District Judge Phyllis Hamilton declared the Partial-Birth Abortion Act unconstitutional. Argument of abortion-rights proponents.
- 'AN UNDUE BURDEN' Stein, Lisa // U.S. News & World Report;6/14/2004, Vol. 136 Issue 21, p16
Reports on the decision of a federal judge to throw out a new law that bans late-term abortion as being unconstitutional. The ruling which came in one of three lawsuits challenging legislation signed by President George W. Bush which banned so called "partial-birth abortion; Expectation of the...
- Counterpoint: The Problem with Banning Late-Term Abortion. Anderson, Tim // Points of View: Late-Term Abortion;2017, p6
This article presents an argument on the problems associated with banning late-term abortions. Bans on late-term abortion, called "partial-birth abortion" by opponents, have repeatedly been found unconstitutional by a number of federal court rulings. Nonetheless, the administration of United...
- Partial-birth abortion: The final frontier of abortion jurisprudence. Bopp Jr., James; Cook, Curtis R. // Issues in Law & Medicine;Summer98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p3
Discusses the law on partial-birth abortion in the United States. Legislative definition; Bans patterned after the federal bill passed by the Congress; Burden on abortion right; Legitimate state interests; Comparison of intact dilation and evacuation and dilation and extraction;...
- Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 1997. // Issues in Law & Medicine;Summer98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p61
Presents the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 1997. Provisions of the act.
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules That Ban On Late-Term Abortions Is Unconstitutional. // Jet;07/17/2000, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p37
Announces that the United States Supreme Court found a Nebraska law banning partial-birth abortions to be unconstitutional.
- Abortion debate. Kalmeyer, Steve // State Government News;Sep97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on legislation passed in various states to ban or limit a medical procedure known as partial-birth abortion. Restriction of the use of intact dilation and extraction procedure to end pregnancy in 17 states; Federal court ruling that Michigan's ban on partial-birth abortions was invalid.
- Ban of `partial-birth' abortions overruled. R.N.S. // Christian Century;12/10/97, Vol. 114 Issue 35, p1151
Reports on the Sixth US Circuit Court of Appeals' decision to overrule Ohio's ban of partial-birth abortion. Unconstitutionality of the ban; Burden placed on the woman's health and right to choose abortion; Procedure involved in partial-birth abortion.
- House passes partial-birth abortion ban. // Human Events;04/04/97, Vol. 53 Issue 13, p23
Presents a chart indicating the votes of congressmen during deliberations at the US House of Representatives on the Partial-Birth Abortion Act. Penalties for doctors who perform this type of abortion; Similarity between the procedure and infanticide; Supreme Court decision in `Roe vs. Wade.'