Home, Alien Home
- The birthplace boom. Bergman, Rhonda // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;12/5/94, Vol. 68 Issue 23, p46
Features BirthPlace as a birth center. Facts about deliveries in birth centers; BirthPlace's `Co-management model of care'; Statistics on midwives currently practicing; American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists' endorsement of birth centers' emphasis on close collaboration between...
- LONGFELLOW'S BIRTHPLACE PORTLAND ME. // Boy Wanted: A Book of Cheerful Counsel;1907, p60
An image of Longfellow's birthplace in Portland, Maine is presented.
- The Footsteps of a Sainted Sister. AZZARELLO, MARIE // Convivium (1927-5706);Aug/Sep2014, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p18
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of returning to her birthplace in Canada.
- Our man embarks on journey to his past in Minn. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;5/7/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 36, p74
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of visiting his birthplace Rochester, Minnesota after 50 years.
- On the road to reality. // Washington Jewish Week;4/5/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 14, p20
The author comments on the U.S. Supreme Court's decision on a case which calls for the recognition of Israel as the birthplace of a child born in Jerusalem.
- Too close for comfort? Stewart, Susan // Current Health 2;Dec92, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p4
Discusses the concept of personal space. Personal space defined by culture in the Arab countries, Japan, Europe and the United States; Work by sociologist Erving Goffman and anthropologist Edward T. Hall; Public, home and body territories; Hall's proxemics; Four zones for personal space called...
- Getting along in a country of many cultures. // Current Health 1;Sep90, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p14
Discusses getting along in a multicultural society. People treated differently because of sex, disability, age, race, religion, and economic status; Understanding others.
- Maracas mayhem in Port-au-Prince. Nordell, Roderick // Christian Science Monitor;2/15/95, Vol. 87 Issue 56, p17
Talks about the RaRa, a carnival-like celebration in Haiti. Description of the RaRa procession.
- City solace, and a wish fulfilled. Remmerde, Juniper // Christian Science Monitor;6/1/98, Vol. 90 Issue 129, p8
Relates the author's search for peace and quiet in Seattle, Washington. The solace people take from the city's piers; How the waterfront reminds the author of her life growing up on a ranch.