MEASURING IMPAIRED DRIVING BEHAVIORS OF COLLEGE STUDENTS: DEVELOPMENT AND RELIABILITY OF THE IMPAIRED DRIVING ASSESSMENT
- Determinants of Effort in Drunk-Driving Interventions: A Path Analysis. Mauck, Samuel R.; Zagumny, Matthew J. // Journal of Alcohol & Drug Education;Winter2000, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p23
Deals with a study which examined the psychosocial predictors of interventions to prevent drunk-driving among university students in the United States (U.S.). Efforts of U.S. President Bill Clinton to prevent drunk-driving; Review of related literature; Methodology; Research results.
- Attention drunk-driving college students: This column's for you. // Athens News;5/6/2013, p27
Two letters are presented regarding the matter of stopping a college student from driving drunk.
- Do the designated drivers of college students stay sober? // Chronicle of the American Driver & Traffic Safety Education Asso;Summer2003, pN.PAG
Presents an abstract of the study "Do the Designated Drivers of College Students Stay Sober?," by Mary Ann Timmerman, E.Scott Geller et al., published in a 2003 issue of the "Journal of Safety Research."
- Impaired Driving Behaviors Among College Students: A Comparison of Web-Based Daily Assessment and Retrospective Timeline Followback. Usdan, Stuart L.; Schumacher, Joseph E.; Bernhardt, Jay M. // Journal of Alcohol & Drug Education;Jun2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p34
Although impaired driving is a widespread risk behavior among college students, there are limited tools for assessing its frequency and context to inform effective interventions. This study involved the development and evaluation of two innovative approaches for assessing impaired driving. The...
- U in the Driver's Seat. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/11/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p8
The article discusses the highlights of the U in the Driver's Seat Symposium held in Dallas, Texas on September 5-6, 2014 which covered the topic of drinking and driving, and was attended by members of the Clarendon College's Student Government Association.
- It all comes out in the wash. Matthews, David // Roads & Bridges;Nov2004, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p8
Presents updates on traffic-related events as of November 2004. Information on the alleged stealing of street signs by students at the University of Oregon; Strategies used by lawyers in North Carolina to defend their clients who are charged with drunken driving; Details of charges of...
- A Content Analysis of the Newspaper Coverage of College Drinking. Hamel, Lauren; Clark-Hitt, Rose // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2009, p1
Articles (N = 94) were selected from national newspapers and coded for content about college drinking. Categories included: statistics about college drinking, college policies and enforcement, drinking and driving, sexual assault, college health campaigns, parenting advice, dead students,...
- Recent Studies on Drinking and Driving. // National On-Campus Report;12/15/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p4
The article focuses on two recent studies conducted on drinking and driving among college students. The Harvard School of Public Health reported in the December 2005 issue of the "Traffic Injury Prevention," that 'Town-gown' partnerships can reduce student drunken driving. The researchers at the...
- College Students' Alcohol-Related Problems: An Autophotographic Approach. Casey, Patrick F.; Dollinger, Stephen J. // Journal of Alcohol & Drug Education;Jun2007, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p8
This study related standard self-report measures to an innovative approach (the autophotographic essay) as a way to provide insight into patterns of alcohol consumption and associated problem behaviors. College students (N=135) completed self-report measures of alcohol consumption and created...