EFFECTS OIF WOOD-PRESERVATIVE TREATMENTS ON MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF E-GLASS/PHENOLIC PULTRUDED COMPOSITE REINFORCEMENT FOR WOOD
- Long-Term Performance of Engineered Wood Flooring with Oriented Strand Board Substrate. Bouffard, Jean-Fran�ois; Blanchet, Pierre; Barbuta, Costel // Forest Products Journal;Sep2010, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p508
Plywood is widely used as a substrate in engineered wood flooring (EWF) construction. While the Canadian EWF industry largely relies on Baltic birch plywood (BBP), the development of an alternative substrate is clearly desirable. The objective of this study was to evaluate the long-term...
- New edgebandings match popular laminates. // Wood & Wood Products;Jan93, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p84
Features edgebandings which complement laminate applications. Casco Nobel; Frama-Tech's PVC unglued edgebanding; Puribord melamine from Puricelli; Allied International; D.C. Distributing; More.
- Laminating seminars `floor' audience. // Wood & Wood Products;Nov96, Vol. 101 Issue 12, p14
Reports on technical laminating seminars held at the Holiday Inn O'Hare near Chicago, highlighting a floor session that was done. Components of the session; Details on exhibits which were displayed.
- THE DURABILITY OF YELLOW-POPLAR AND RED MAPLE TREATED WITH ACQ-B. Hassler, Curt C.; Slahor, Jeffrey J.; Dawson-Andoh, Benjamin // Forest Products Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p59
Durability of yellow-poplar and red maple treated with ammoniacal copper quaternary compound, Type B (ACQ-B) was evaluated in field plots in West Virginia and Mississippi. Stakes were vacuum-pressure treated with ACQ-B to four retentions and placed at the test sites. Stakes were evaluated yearly...
- EFFECTS OF TREATMENT METHODS ON RELATIVE REACTIVITY OF BIOMASS EXTRACTS TOWARD FORMALDEHYDE. Chen, Chia-ming; Hsu, Linda C.-Y // Forest Products Journal;Feb2002, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p92
Presents information on a study that investigated the effects of acidic treatment of biomass materials on the reactivity of its extracts toward formaldehyde. Research methods; Results and discussion; Conclusion.
- Alternative wood preservatives for use in Indonesia. PERMADI, PIPIN; DE GROOT[a], RODNEY C.; WOODWARD, BESSIE // Forest Products Journal;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 48 Issue 11/12, p98
Describes the results of laboratory experiments to evaluate the alternative wood preservatives in soil-block decay tests. Details on the experiment; Preservative-treating practices.
- Tolerance of Wolfiporia Cocos Isolates to Copper in Agar Media. Woodward, Bessie; De Groot, Rodney // Forest Products Journal;Apr99, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p87
Presents information on a study which investigated the variations of tolerance to copper among isolates of the copper-tolerant fungus Wolfiporia cocos. Materials and methods; Results and discussion; Conclusion.
- EFFECTS OF DECK WASHES AND BRIGHTENERS ON THE LEACHING OF CCA COMPONENTS. Cooper, P.A.; Taylor, Adam; Ung, Y.T. // Forest Products Journal;Feb2001, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p69
There has been concern that bleaching and other agents in commercial deck washes and brighteners could aggressively leach chromated copper arsenate (CCA) components from treated wood. Natural rain water drippage was collected over several rain events from small-scale CCA type C treated southern...
- Preservative treatment evaluation with CCA and ACQ-B of four Appalachian wood species for use in... Slahor, Jeffrey J.; Hassler, Curt C. // Forest Products Journal;Sep97, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p33
Investigates the treatability of four Appalachian hardwoods with the waterborne preservatives CCA-C and ACQ-B. Potential of the wood species as a raw material for preservative-treated products; Pressure duration and temperature of the solution; Measurements of the minimum and maximum penetration.