The Wolf Within
- Daily movements and territory use by radio-collared wolves (Canis lupus) in Bialowieza Primeval Forest in Poland. Wlodzimierz Jedrzejewski; Krzysztof Schmidt; J�rn Theuerkauf; Bogumila Jedrzejewska; Henryk Okarma // Canadian Journal of Zoology;Nov2001, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p1993
Wolves (Canis lupus) (9 females and 2 males from 4 packs), were radio-tracked in a large Polish woodland in Bialowieza Primeval Forest in 1996�1999. Based on 360 days of radio tracking with locations taken at 30- or 15-min intervals, daily movement distances (DMDs) of wolves and their...
- Ranger Rick's ADVENTURES. Mealy, Nora Steiner // Ranger Rick;Dec2005, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p8
Presents information on the red and gray wolves.
- Leaders of the Pack. Krautwurst, Terry // National Geographic World;Nov2001, Issue 315, p17
Provides information on the behavior of wolves in a pack.
- Wild about Wolves. Heilbron, Alexandra // Kids Tribute;Winter2004, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p9
Provides information on wolves.
- CANINE in the Wild. Donnelly, Karen J. // World & I;Jan99, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p180
Provides information on the gray wolves in North America. Characteristics of gray wolves; Russian proverb about a gray wolf; Species of gray wolves and their distribution in North America.
- Aidan. // International Wolf;Spring2012, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p22
The article presents a brief profile of Aidan, a wolf which belongs to the International Wolf Center's Exhibit Pack.
- Endangered wolf population increases. Cohn, Jeffrey P. // BioScience;Oct90, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p628
Elaborates on the comeback of the wolf population. Wolf's range and recovery; How to manage wolves; Yellowstone reintroduction; Livestock losses; Political questions; Reintroducing wolves into New Mexico; The road to recovery.
- Whopper Wolves. McKean, Andrew // Outdoor Life;Dec2011/Jan2012, Vol. 219 Issue 1, p51
The article provides an answer to a question on how big are the largest wolves in North America.
- By the Numbers. Hurteau, Dave // Field & Stream;Jun2008, Vol. 113 Issue 2, p39
The article presents statistics on various topics including the estimated total number of wolves in North America, estimated total number of wolves in the contiguous U.S. and the weight of an average wolf pup at birth.