Support in place to promote well-being of children
- Legal Anthropology: Editor's Introduction. Balzer, Marjorie Mandelstam // Anthropology & Archeology of Eurasia;Fall2008, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by N. I. Novikova on the indigenous peoples of the North of Russia, one by Fatima G. Kamkiia on differentiating signposts of customs, and one by Stevlana S. Kriukova on the making of boundaries in traditional Russian...
- Report paints bleak picture of indigenous health. Hand, Derek // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr98, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p11
Comments on the findings of a report titled `The Health of Indigenous People,' compiled by the World Health Organization regarding indigenous people. Life expectancies for indigenous people; Identification of diseases which affect indigenous people; Comments from key individuals.
- Alerta Sweetgrass asked: Are Aboriginal veterans getting a fair deal in compensation from the federal government? // Alberta Sweetgrass;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p3
Focuses on views of several people on whether Aboriginal veterans get a fair deal in compensation from the federal government of Canada. Reason for giving equal compensation to veterans like others; Problems faced by the veteran Aboriginal warriors regarding compensation.
- Victory for Powley, M�tis rights at Supreme Court. Barnsley, Paul // Alberta Sweetgrass;Oct2003, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p6
Reports that the Supreme Court of Canada confirmed that the M�tis of Canada are Aboriginal under the Constitution and have Aboriginal rights under section 35 on September 19, 2003.
- Report identifies challenges, opportunities to create an inclusive society. Willcott, Michelle // Alberta Sweetgrass;Sep2010, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p2
The article focuses on the report titled "Circle Alberta Report: Dialogues on Aboriginal Futures--Strengthening Relationships for Shared Prosperity," which identifies the challenges and the critical issues relating to the Aboriginal society and inclusion in Alberta.
- Providing services to aboriginal clients. Restoule, Brenda // Guidance & Counseling;Winter97, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p13
Examines the difference of aboriginal people in Canada from the majority culture and determines who is better suited in providing psychological services to aboriginal clients. Aboriginal social integration; Rules of behaviour of aborigines; Nature of psychological services acceptable to the...
- The origins of intercultural performance in the west. Fusco, Coco // Heresies;1993, Vol. 7 Issue 27, p21
Discusses the fascination of western people with aborigines. Aboriginal sampling since the time of Columbus; Experiences of the author in her performance as an aborigine in Madrid, Spain.
- Indigenous poor still exploited, but now at least they are heard. Jones, Arthur // National Catholic Reporter;2/4/94, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p10
Features the indigenous population of Latin America and their obstinacy in surviving. Declaration of the 1990s as the Decade of the Indigenous Peoples; Pressures and threats to Indians' rights; Gradual move to prominence of the indigenous population; Divergent views among those who work on...
- Indigenous peoples: Pressing for greater rights. // United Nations Chronicle;Mar93, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p95
Focuses on 1993 as the International Year of the World's Indigenous People, and notes there is growing recognition of the need for international standards to safeguard the lifestyles and cultures of indigenous peoples. Earlier actions of the United Nations General Assembly; Rigoberta Menchu...