Board first for Cookes
- Roylance on leave. // Cabinet Maker;7/23/2004, Issue 5398, p4
Reports on the leave of absence by Craig Roylance of retailer Cookes Furniture in London, England. Plan of Roylance to open his own store; Role of Roylance as board member of the company.
- Nortel Networks veteran steps into CIO hot seat at Motorola. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;12/04/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p13
Reports the recruitment of David R. Cox as chief information officer of Motorola Inc. in Schaumburg, Illinois. Reason for the acceptance of Cox; Job responsibilities of the executive; Purpose of Motorola in hiring Cox.
- Consumers! Aren't they just priceless. // Cabinet Maker;01/23/98, Issue 5072, p33
Relates a story in which a consumer in Great Britain asked the retailer Cookes Furniture to match the lower price of a furniture suite found in Cookes's other store. Customer's failure to recognize that the two suites she found differed in fabric and leather.
- Cookes' parties the night away. // Cabinet Maker;12/04/98, Issue 5117, p28
Focuses on the triple celebration at Cookes Furniture's Christchurch store in London, England. Wedding of Cookes' chairman and founder Ted to Pauline; Fifth anniversary of the Christchurch branch; Extension and refurbishment of the store.
- Midlands independent doubles profits. // Cabinet Maker;7/22/2011, Issue 5747, p5
The article reports on the increase in pre tax profits of independent furniture retailer Cookes Furniture Ltd. for the year ending March 31, 2011 in Great Britain.
- Cookes Furniture 'recognises need' as it starts selling online. // Cabinet Maker;8/28/2015, Issue 5946, p5
The article reports on the plan of retail company Cookes Furniture Ltd. to sell online to provide consumers a clicks-and-bricks service.
- The Dream Team. // Cabinet Maker;9/4/2015, Issue 5947, p16
The article evaluates new web interface, Complete The Look, launched by Cookes Furniture Ltd.
- Cookes pops corks for new look store. Lea // Cabinet Maker;09/24/99, Issue 5156, p4
Reports the inauguration of Cookes Furniture store in Birmingham, England. Presence of furniture industry figures and customers in the celebration; Showroom displays of the store; Purpose of office renovation; Concessioner of the store.
- Cookes duo to open contemporary chain. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;4/19/2002, Issue 5283, p1
Reports the plan of Cookes Furniture directors Graham and Karen Cooke to open the first of six showrooms of the company. Features of the showroom; Target audience; Interior design of the showroom.