A name to be reckoned with
- Turning the tables. Relph-Knight, Lynda // Design Week;12/5/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p4
Commends Terence Conran for a deal struck with furniture manufacturer Christie-Tyler. Attention to mass market for furniture; Positive effect on design-awareness; Improvement in the choice of modern furniture since launching of Habitat housing program.
- Conran to launch affordable range. // Design Week;12/5/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p5
Reports on Terence Conran's re-entry into the mass furniture market through a deal with furniture maker Christie-Tyler. Effort to launch an affordable range of products; Content by Conran as name of the joint venture.
- Content for the people. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;4/4/2003, Issue 5331, p20
Focuses on the impact of the partnership between Sir Terence Conran and Christie-Tyler. Accessibility of affordable furniture to the mass market; Creation of a more modern home environment; Production of furniture that hits the price point.
- Conran teams up with C-T for new company. // Cabinet Maker;12/6/2002, Issue 5316, p1
Reports on the partnership between Christie-Tyler Co. and designer Terence Conran for the mass marketing of Conran designed furniture in Great Britain. Information on the newly formed Content Co.; Retail prices of the upholstery; Information on dining tables and cabinets featured in the launching.
- M&S denies Conran move. // Cabinet Maker;2/28/2003, Issue 5326, p3
Reports on the denial of the furniture company Marks & Spencer PLC for the rumors on the recruitment of Sir Terence Conran to help increase sales in Great Britain.
- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;4/8/2005, Issue 5433, p39
This article presents information about developments related to furniture trade as of April 8, 2005. Nevada taxidermist Jeanette Hail has launched pet cushions. Bereaved owners send the body of their pet to Hail and she uses its skin as one half of a cushion, with fabric on the other. It was a...
- New head at Content. // Cabinet Maker;12/15/2006, Issue 5518, p3
The article reports on the appointment of Mike Kingsbury as chief executive of British furniture manufacturer Content By Conran. He replaces Stephan Andersson, who resigned in November 2006. Kingsbury was a former chief operating officer at Laura Ashley. Terence Conran designed the collection at...
- Highs and lows of C-T. // Cabinet Maker;9/3/2004, Issue 5404, p4
Reports on the position maintained by Christie-Tyler as Great Britain's largest furniture manufacturer, according to the Domestic Furniture Manufacturers report by Prospect Swetenhams.
- The Conran connection. Drinkwater, Ros // In Britain;Jul96, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p14
Features British industrial designer Terence Conran. Childhood; Education; Start of the Conran Design Group; Renovation of the Michelin House; Contributions to industrial design; Features of Conran's Conran Shop, Quaglino's and Mezzo businesses; Other business ventures.