Conran teams up with C-T for new company
- A name to be reckoned with. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/6/2002, Issue 5316, p1
Comments on the impact of the partnership between designer Terence Conran and Christie-Tyler Co. to the furniture market in Great Britain. Details on the creation of the Content Co.; Implications of mass marketing plans of Conran; Conran designed furniture to be launched at The Furniture Show.
- Turning the tables. Relph-Knight, Lynda // Design Week;12/5/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p4
Commends Terence Conran for a deal struck with furniture manufacturer Christie-Tyler. Attention to mass market for furniture; Positive effect on design-awareness; Improvement in the choice of modern furniture since launching of Habitat housing program.
- Content for the people. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;4/4/2003, Issue 5331, p20
Focuses on the impact of the partnership between Sir Terence Conran and Christie-Tyler. Accessibility of affordable furniture to the mass market; Creation of a more modern home environment; Production of furniture that hits the price point.
- Conran to launch affordable range. // Design Week;12/5/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p5
Reports on Terence Conran's re-entry into the mass furniture market through a deal with furniture maker Christie-Tyler. Effort to launch an affordable range of products; Content by Conran as name of the joint venture.
- Modern English. // Architectural Digest;May2013, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p58
The article presents a line of furniture and home accessories designed by British interior designer Sir Terence Conran and distributed by retailer JCPenney as of May 2013. Comments by the designer regarding the combination of tradition and modernity in his work are included. The ethical aspects...
- The Conran connection. Drinkwater, Ros // In Britain;Jul96, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p14
Features British industrial designer Terence Conran. Childhood; Education; Start of the Conran Design Group; Renovation of the Michelin House; Contributions to industrial design; Features of Conran's Conran Shop, Quaglino's and Mezzo businesses; Other business ventures.
- Home design, by the book. Wolcott, Jennifer // Christian Science Monitor;6/21/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 147, p12
Reviews two books by interior decorator Terence Conran including 'Terence Conran's DIY by Design' and 'Terence Conran's New House Book.'
- Welcome Back, Conran. Williams, Alex // New York;11/29/99, Vol. 32 Issue 46, p102
Profiles designer Sir Terence Conran. How he began as a designer; Number of Conran Shops operated by Conran Holdings Limited in London, England; How Conran helped bring back pride in long-maligned British cooking.
- Big feasts. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/24/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 77, p16
Features Terence Conran's Mezzo, a luxury liner of a restaurant in Soho, London, England.