Conventions at Work: On Forensic Accountant's Intermediation
- Conflicts prompt Carey duo to create boutique. O'Connor, Joanne // Lawyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p7
Reports on the launch of own specialist litigation and employment boutique of two former partners of Guernsey firm Carey Olsen in Guernsey in Channel Islands, California. Name of the specialist commercial litigation by litigation specialist Alison Ozanne and employment expert Louise Hall;...
- Hire a CA, police say. // CA Magazine;Oct93, Vol. 126 Issue 9, p16
Reports on Toronto, Ontario police's vote of confidence on forensic chartered accountants (CA). Surge in number of fraud complaints; Advice to complainants to hire an independent forensic CA to speed up investigations; Police officers' lack of skill to probe frauds in cases; Canadian firms'...
- Sleuthing by numbers. // CA Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 130 Issue 8, p15
Offers advice to forensic accountants in Canada. Comments from Roddy Allan, a principal at the firm Lindquist Avey Macdonald Baskerville Incorporated; Definition of a forensic accountant; How to increase changes of being hired as a forensic accountant.
- Forensic accountants can help manage risk. Katz, Bernard A. // American Banker;8/30/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 167, p18
Opinion. Focuses on how forensic accountants can help banks manage risk in their lending businesses. Skills that make forensic accountants indispensable for banks' operations; Forensic accounting techniques.
- On or off book fraud. Hunt, Stefan // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Nov97, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p22
Talks about the growth of the forensic accounting market in Great Britain. Detection and investigation of fraud through forensic accounting; Discipline of forensic accounting; Types of fraud; Size of the problem.
- Forensic accounting a growing field. // CMA Magazine;Oct91, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the growth of the field of forensic accounting in Canada. Comments from Max Messmer, the chairman and chief executive officer of Robert Half International Inc.; Factors contributing to the growing demand for forensic accountants.
- Forensic accounting. Inkster, Norman // CMA Magazine;Apr96, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p11
Focuses on the role of forensic accountants in the corporate culture. Questioning of white-collar criminals; Difficulty in spotting computer fraud; Money laundering.
- Tower Hamlets slammed over ...1m market mistakes. // Public Finance;03/29/96, p2
Reports on the accusations on the officers at Tower Hamlets LBC by the district auditor regarding their failure to tackle a fraud and corruption scandal. Why the council's account should be rectified; Council's street trading account deficits.
- Forensic accounting. Donohoe, Derek // Accountancy Ireland;Oct97, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p6
Examines the litigation support role played by the forensic accountant as a part of the legal team. Two main areas which forensic accounting is divided; Nature of the work; Discussion on the suitability of chartered accountant in fulfilling litigation support role; Case histories on forensic...