Just Like on Star Trek
- Jack Andraka Honored by the Vatican. Ring, Trudy // NOGLSTP Bulletin;Winter2014, p3
The article announces that Jack Andraka, a gay science prodigy who was responsible on the development of an early-detection pancreatic cancer test, has received the International Guiseppe Sciacca Award from the Vatican in November 2013.
- Fifteen-Year-Old Creates Non-Invasive Pancreatic Cancer Detection Tool. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/18/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article announces the awards given to students including the Gordon E. Moore Award of 75,000 dollars to Jack Andraka for creating a tool which detects non-invasive Pancreatic Cancer, Intel Foundation Young Scientist Award of 50,000 dollars to Nicholas Schiefer and Ari Dyckovsky.Dyckovsky.
- Older students make presence felt in classes. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;9/18/96, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the evolution of the roles of older high school students in classrooms in the United States. Increase in the number of high school students aged 19, 20 and 21 years old; Factors affecting the increase in the number of older high school students; Reflection of willingness in schools...
- Air guns battle real guns. Reese, Shelly // American Demographics;Sep96, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p17
Reports on the collaboration between the United States government and high schools nationwide in revitalizing the Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC). Program's emphasis on discipline, work ethic, personal responsibility and citizenship; US Department of Defense's increasing of the...
- More high school? Newcomb, Amelia // Christian Science Monitor;7/11/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 160, p11
Discusses suggestions that high school students in the United States be required to attend high school for an additional year if their grades are subpar.
- MYF graduating seniors. // East Bernard Express (TX);2/26/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p7
A photograph is presented depicting the graduating senior students of Methodist Youth Fellowship (MYF) including Taylor Valigura, Brandon Holcomb and Megan Cullers in Texas.
- NAEP gains reported in 8th graders' writing skills. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;4/20/94, Vol. 13 Issue 30, p9
Reports on an improvement in American eight-grade level students' writing skills as previewed from data from the National Assessment of Educational Progress. Gauge of students' proficiency at writing narrative, persuasive and informative essays; Difficulties with other writing styles; Link...
- Key subjects. // Education Week;6/14/95, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p4
Presents a chart showing the number of high school students in the United States who completed a basic curriculum in core subjects by race and ethnicity from 1982-1992.
- Survey shows trouble at the head of the class. M.J.S. // School Library Journal;Dec93, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p11
Cites a survey of 16-, 17- and 18-year-olds listed in `Who's Who Among American High School Students' which found a significant number of these `A' and `B' students have encountered gang violence, sexual assault and drunk driving either in their own lives or among their peers. Makeup of the...