The Rule on Ruling Out Foreign Applicants
- A Critical Competency: Determining and Communicating The Number of Nurses You Must Hire. Beglinger, Joan Ellis // Nursing Economic$;May/Jun2007, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p174
The article provides in information on the number of nurses that must be hired by nursing executives in an organization. The different factors considered in hiring include the degree of variability experienced by the organization, the impact of leaves of absence and the average length of stay...
- Becoming One of the Best. Reilly, D. Michael // Seattle Business;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p20
The article suggests steps in making the company one of the best places to work. These include asking if the anticipated action is the right thing to do and avoiding recruiting and hiring mistakes as well as avoiding mistakes with current employees. The author recommends training employees on...
- The leave of absence puzzle: Fitting the pieces together. Zashin, Stephen S. // Public Personnel Management;Winter97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p471
Discusses important areas in handling employee requests for leave of absence due to sickness or injury in the United States. Legislation involved; Employee coverage; Definition of injury or illness; Benefit entitlements.
- PTOs: Effective but Not Widely Used. Lanphear, Sue // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;07/10/2000, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p2
Focuses on the benefits of paid-time-off programs for employers.
- FLEX-LEAVE: A DIFFERENT APPROACH TO TIME OFF. Mokotoff, Gary // Management Review;Nov86, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p61
Discusses the ins and outs of a flexible leave policy for employees. Applications of the policy to holidays, employees' personal days and vacations; Pros and cons; Policy implications on personnel management.
- HR Space. // Employers Law;Sep2011, p17
The article presents questions and answers related to the human resources community including how to deal with an employee who is on adoption leave, the obligations of an employee arrested charged for an offence happening outside the workplace and what the employer's process should be in such a...
- Council HR staff beat the snow by driving employees to work. Baker, Kat // Personnel Today;1/12/2010, p3
The article discusses the efforts of human resource (HR) professionals in Great Britain to minimize the absence rates during recent snowfalls.
- Call for flexibility to stem carers exodus. Welch, Jilly // People Management;9/12/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 18, p5
Focuses on employee's leave of absence due to family commitments. Number of employees in Britain that take a day off to care for a sick family member; Findings of the Institute for Employment Studies about the cost on employees' leave of absence; Call for more job flexibility and introduction...
- Sick leave policies. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Feb98, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p19
Answers a query concerning leave policies in hospital. Significance of policies imposed by hospitals to its employees; Standard policy for unscheduled absences which calls for a disciplinary action; Suggestions for handling unscheduled absence from work.