Buying into co-operation
- Cycles of growth. Bonner, Mari // Americas;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p4
Features Los Tamarindos Bicycle Cooperative, a project which was initially conceived as a mental health program for the youth of Guarjila, El Salvador. Expansion of the program to include a tree nursery project; Donation of bikes through grass-roots campaigns; Social role of the bicycle...
- It's unanimous. Reynolds, Bruce J. // Farmer Cooperatives;Jul95, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p15
Discusses the reason behind cooperative boards' tendency to strive harder compared to other types of governing boards to reach unanimous decisions. Competition for members; Decisions must be made; Norm for society.
- Cooperative action. // Farmer Cooperatives;Sep95, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p17
Reports on developments related to cooperative societies in the United States as of September 1995. Includes legislation allowing small ethanol production cooperatives to pass a tax credit to their members; Merging of Blue Chelan Inc. and Trout Inc.; SF Services Inc.'s joint venture agreements.
- How to evaluate the performance of a cooperative. Parsley, Scott // Management Quarterly;Spring92, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p31
Focuses on the issue of measuring a cooperative's performance in terms of why the performance should be measured, what to measure and how to measure it. Outage report for electric services; Engineering standards; Customer complaints; Time accounting.
- Co-ops don't cut A&E attendance. // Pulse;1/20/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p17
Outlines the failure of out-of-hours cooperatives to reduce attendance rates in Great Britain.
- Prosad singles out 31 co-ops. // Caribbean Business;1/12/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p12
Reports that 31 co-operatives in Puerto Rico are in precarious fiscal state.
- Co-ops make moves towards united front. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;3/6/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p23
Focuses on the efforts of co-operative movements (co-ops) to refocus their businesses in Great Britain. Ethical issues facing co-ops; Creation of the Co-operative Travel Trading Group; Formation of the Co-operative Retail Trading Group.
- Consumers Say Co-ops Spell T-R-U-S-T. // Credit Union Directors Newsletter;Nov2003, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p3
Reports that less than half of Americans believe investor-owned corporations or cooperatives are governed ethically, according to a survey conducted by the National Cooperative Business Association and the Consumer Federation of America.
- Certified 100% cooperative. // Caribbean Business;7/22/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p56
Reports on the Cooperativa de Seguros Multiples' certification program for cooperative administrators in Puerto Rico. Program development; Human development philosophy of the cooperative movement.