- Bernstein. // Bond Buyer;12/14/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30787, Mutual Fund Directory p12
Features investment company Bernstein Cos. Largest portfolio managers; Total assets under management; Total municipal assets under management; Number of funds; Number of municipal funds; Investment outlook; Top funds ranked by total return.
- Change of lifestyle. // Cabinet Maker;7/27/2001, Issue 5248, p4
Highlights the revamp of the Lifestyle kitchen range from Great Britain-based furniture retailer Bernstein.
- Bernstein Builds Program Trading Biz. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;12/1/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 46, p22
Reports on the use of FlexTrade Systems' trading system for order management, routing and connectivity by Bernstein as part of its launched portfolio trading desk. Reason that Bernstein selected FlexTrade; Percentage of the New York Stock Exchange volumes that is accounted for program trading;...
- Downsizings going down. Boles, Margaret; Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p21
Reveals that only a quarter of American organizations that downsized in 1994 expect to downsize again from 1998 to 2000. Development of long-range, strategic workforce plans to control need for future downsizing.
- Lay-offs don't guarantee an increase in profits. Stevens, John // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p58
Looks at evidence in the United States which suggests that downsizing does not always improve a firm's profitability. Reasons for downsizing; Relation of downsizing to profit; Relation of downsizing to return on equity.
- The dangers of following the herd into downsizing drives. Baillie, John // People Management;11/16/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p53
Studies on the effects of downsizing of companies in the United States. Questions raised on the importance of downsizing; Findings from Kenneth De Meuse and his colleagues' report on the logic of downsizing.
- Downsizing trend continues. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 11 Issue 63, p28
Reveals the percentage of companies in the United States that have slashed their workforces in 1989.
- Beyond downsizing: The hidden costs. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec90, Vol. 11 Issue 65, p26
Focuses on the costs of corporate downsizing. Operational and personnel effects of downsizing; Suggestion on reviving employee morale and low productivity after downsizing.
- Study disputes downsizing myths. // Corporate Board;May/Jun92, Vol. 13 Issue 74, p27
Details findings of a study by Right Associates which provides statistical evidence to disprove myths associated with downsizing. Downsizing as a last resort measure; Part of a comprehensive planned process; Communicated internally; Planned and reviewed by all those responsible for its...