Recruiting for 'World-Class' Workers
- Total Quality Management Now Applies to Managing Talent. Stevens, Howard P. // Journal for Quality & Participation;Summer2008, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p15
1. This article focuses on the primary causes of ineffective talent management and demonstrates how a Six Sigma/TQM approach can minimize five common pain points. 2. A talent audit system can help address the first pain point--reducing unwanted turnover--by accurately and systematically...
- FIGURE A. Salary by Six Sigma Training (United States). // Quality Progress;Dec2002, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p55
Presents a graph depicting the salary by Six Sigma Training in the U.S.
- FIGURE B. Salary by Six Sigma Training (Canada). // Quality Progress;Dec2002, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p55
Presents a graph depicting the salary by Six Sigma Training in Canada.
- TABLE A. Six Sigma Training and Certification. // Quality Progress;Dec2002, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p56
Presents a chart depicting the salary by Six Sigma Training and Certification.
- Section 7. Salary by Sigma Training. // Quality Progress;Dec2002, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p55
Presents information on the salary by six sigma training. Determination of higher average salaries; Number of Black Belts respondents; Average salaries by Black Belts.
- Six Sigma experts in demand; SU to produce more. Duffett, Claire // Business Journal (Central New York);4/14/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p17
The article focuses on the demand for Six Sigma experts by a human resources representative from Target, who emailed Syracuse University Professor Patrick Penfield to recruit Six Sigma black belts. It offered a 70,000 dollar to 100,000 dollar as the starting salary and a hefty benefits package...
- LETTERS. Mundok, Eileen; Rakhit, Ananda; Johnson, Jim; diSanzo, Frank J. // CIO Insight;Aug2007, Issue 84, p12
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Worshipping Six Sigma," in the July 2007 issue, "What Goes Around Comes Around," in the June 2007 issue and "New Bosses, New Rules," in the July 2007 issue.
- CHALLENGES IN APPLICATION OF SIX SIGMA TECHNIQUES IN HR DOMAIN. SHENOY, NAGARAJ; RANGARAJAN, KALYANI // International Journal of Research in Commerce, IT & Management;Jul2013, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p6
Six Sigma, which started as process improvement tool to enhance quality perception of customers towards products and services, has transformed into a management philosophy for many organizations. Human Resource (HR) department plays a pivotal role in the successful execution of Six Sigma...
- Six Sigma In Sight. Heuring, Linda // HR Magazine;Mar2004, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p76
Provides information on Six Sigma techniques, a quality improvement process, that may help human resource managers solve customer problems. Manner in which Six Sigma was organized; Aim of the Six Sigma methodology; Key to the statistical analysis involved in the process.