Trio face Â£60m VAT bills
- Tax. // Accountancy;May2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1317, p105
This article provides news related to taxation. The idea of a single European tax continues to divide EU member states. The European Commission is reportedly strongly in favour of a direct EU-wide tax levied from Brussels, Belgium to fund the development and operation of the Union, as it fears...
- Get your house in order. // Cabinet Maker;11/19/2010, Issue 5714, p3
The article discusses the issue of value added tax increase (VAT) that can affect the furniture retailers industry in Great Britain.
- January VAT increase pushes November homewares. // Cabinet Maker;12/11/2009, Issue 5667, p7
The article reports that the impending increase of the value-added tax (VAT) has augmented the November 2009 sales of homewares according to BDO's High Street Sales Tracker report in Great Britain.
- Courts shares dive while MFI lifts a little. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;11/12/2004, Issue 5414, p6
Reports on the decline in the shares of the furniture retailer Courts PLC in Great Britain. Increase in the shares of MFI Furniture Group PLC; Reduction in the stocks of Marks & Spencer Group PLC; Decrease in the stocks of Merchant Retail.
- MFI's good turn for charity. // Cabinet Maker;05/08/98, Issue 5087, p33
Reports that MFI Furniture Group has donated 1,000 pounds to the Kent Air Ambulance Trust.
- MFI prepares for life without upholstery after profits jump. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/19/97, Issue 5069, p3
Reports that MFI is preparing for life without upholstery after deciding to concentrate on its `core' kitchen and bedroom ranges. Removal of upholstery from 14 of the company's stores; MFI's switch to regional warehouses; Effect of the switch on five-10 staff; Increase of retailing operating...
- MFI is cleared of false pricing. // Cabinet Maker;09/11/98, Issue 5105, p5
States that MFI has been cleared from the false pricing complaints filed by the Gateshead Trading Standards officials. Allegation on MFI's offering of discounts for multiple purchases; MFI lawyer's answer on the complaints.
- MFI sales up. // Housewares;Jul96, Issue 128, p6
Reports on financial developments of furniture company MFI for the period ending April 27, 1996. Increase in sales; Improvement in pre-tax profits.
- Cool kids. // Cabinet Maker;11/2/2007, Issue 5562, p3
A photograph of MFI Furniture Group PLC's Ice White bedroom furniture line is presented.