Communicate the Commitment
- Reshaping the force to serve our soldiers better. Stultz, Jack // Hill;5/20/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 58, pS18
The article discusses the evolution of the U.S. Army Reserve and their efforts to improve the quality of soldiers for the betterment of the country.
- RESERVE FORCES ROLE CHANGING. Cragin, Charles L. // Officer;Sep2000, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p34
Reports on the changing role of the United States Armed Forces Reserves. Traditional role of reserve units; Involvement in efforts to restore peace and stability in various countries; Effects of the changing state and nature of the American military on reserve units.
- Building the Total Force of Today and Tomorrow. Cragin, Charles L. // Officer;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p31
Focuses on the operations of Selected Reserves of the United States (US) around the world. Role of the Reserve component in the country's security strategy; Principles necessary to achieve Total Force integration; Details on a memorandum of understanding to alleviate reemployment problems of...
- Old Post, New Mission. Hurwitz, Eric J. // Soldiers;Jun99, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on the conversion of Fort Devens military base in Massachusetts into Devens Reserve Forces Training Area. Why the base was closed; Details of the state's plan for the area; Mission of Devens.
- Citizen Warriors in KOREA. Martin, Wes // Officer;Jun/Jul2010, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p42
The article discusses the important role of Reserve Component troops in the U.S. It states that Reserve and National Guard forces have played a very important role in the defense of the Republic of Korea (ROK). Likewise, the military troops are responsible for keeping South Korea in safe...
- Avoiding Job Conflicts. // Military Review;May/Jun2004, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p50
Presents tips on how U.S. military reservists can avoid conflict. Reserve Component obligations of reservists; Strategies from the National Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve to keep employers informed; Details of the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act.
- DEPARTMENT FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE--PART ONE. // Officer;Sep2002, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p52
Reports that the Rhode Island Department of the U.S. Reserve Officers Association has come up with several innovative ways to raise revenue for department activities in 2002. Preparations for the Quonset Air Show; Ways to participate in or organize fund-raising.
- Protected. McCoy, Leslie // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun99, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p12
Details the provisions of the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act in the United States. Minimizing of problems that occur when people are absent from their civilian job to fulfill a military commitment; Encouragement of people to pursue a non-service career in the reserve...
- Military health reform package expected. Seiler, Walter C. // Officer;Mar2000, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p55
Reports on the meeting of the Retirement Affairs Committee of the Reserve Officers Association during the 2000 Mid-Winter Conference. TRICARE Senior Prime for United States Reserve Corps members; Medicare Subvention Demonstration Program; Cost-of-living adjustment for military retirees.