- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/26/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31189, p35
Reports developments regarding public finances of several states in the United States as of July 2001. Budget deficits of a county council in Homestead, Florida; Sale of school building revenue bonds by school districts in Kentucky; Court ruling on the issuance of bonds for the funding of a...
- Connecticut Deficit Grows to $1B As State Sets $424M for Institutions. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/21/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33045, p3
The article reports on the budget deficit of Connecticut. According to Governor M. Jodi Rell, Connecticut's falling tax collection have widened its 2009 budget deficit to nearly $1 billion. Rell's announcement came as the state prepared for institutional pricing of a $42.2 million transportation...
- U.S. ran $5.4 billion deficit in December. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;01/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30565, p2
Focuses on the budget deficit of the United States Federal Government in December 1998. Turnaround from December 1997; Social Security benefits payments.
- state's budget crisis define healthcare resources. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep2003, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the decision of lawmakers to cut programs in higher education, social services and health care to alleviate the budget crisis in the U.S. Decline in state spending; Implementation of Medicaid cost-control measures; Amount of the budget shortfall.
- U.S. ran $25.2B deficit in July. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;08/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30710, p2
Reports that the United States federal government has posted a budget deficit of $25.16 billion last July 1999.
- U.S. Ran $17.1 Billion Deficit in November. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;12/22/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30545, p2
Focuses on the budget deficit posted by the United States government in November 1998.
- N.Y., Deadlocked on Tobacco Bonds, Mulls Interim Plan. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p3
Reports on possible plans of using multi billion dollar in tobacco bonds to help in budget deficit for fiscal 2003 of New York. Proposal for providing security to multimillion dollar in annual payments under the national tobacco settlement; Reason for increase in budget deficit for the state;...
- Flint, Mich., Fiscal Review Team Says Debt Sale Is Doubtful. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31377, p50
Reports on the budget deficit of the state government in Michigan. Plan of issuing fiscal stabilization bonds; Disagreement of the city council members on the budget cut; Source of revenue.
- Miami Hopes to Redeem Its Image With $130 Million Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31395, p37
Reports the strategic plans of Miami to cover up the million budget deficit in Florida. Plans to sell general obligation bonds; Creation of bond program oversight board; Adoption of rules for bond issuance.