States Face $17.5B Shortfall; Tobacco May Help or Hinder
- Moving in on Medicaid. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/6/95, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p15
Reports that federal budget cuts have prompted states to review their Medicaid programs. Background information on health programs; Information on The Westchester Plan; Staff from Department of Social Services to educate patients; Comments from officials.
- `Kick that block!'. Stoil, Michael J. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Oct95, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p6
Comments on the proposed changing of Medicaid into a block grant to each state to cut the federal deficit and finance tax cuts. Medicaid expenditures in fiscal 1993; Imposition of annual cap on Federal Medicaid spending; Opposition from health organizations.
- CHA proposes budget alternative. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;11/27/95, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p36
Reports that the Catholic Health Association is proposing a balanced-budget plan that seeks less than half the Medicaid and Medicare savings of United States congressional deficit-elimination plans but $39 billion more than President Bill Clinton wants. Features of CHA's plan; Recognition that...
- KENTUCKY: Budget Has Medicaid Hole. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/24/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33488, p9
The article reports on the effort of the Kentucky Legislature to come up with an agreement to plug a 176 million U.S.-dollar deficit in the state's Medicaid program in 2011.
- Oklahoma Medicaid Agency's Budget Woes May Impact Hospitals. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;03/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31095, p6
Reports the impact of the budget deficits of the Oklahoma Medicaid administrative agency on hospitals. Possibility of reducing health care funding; Dispute between Democrats and Republicans on the supplemental funding bill; Discussion of payment reduction for optional health services.
- Can state find another Mediscam? // New Hampshire Business Review;4/19/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p11A
Reports on the increasing deficit in New Hampshire's budget as of 2002. Plan to tap into the federal Medicaid fund for a major part of the deficit; Information on a fiscal crisis in the early 1990s; Comments on the television ads by gubernatorial candidates.
- Penny wise and pound foolish. Kirby, Thornton // South Carolina Business;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p25
The article focuses on the effect of the reduction of the Medicaid budget on the business and individuals to address the concern on budget deficit in South Carolina.
- Study Shows Clinical Pharmacy Management Programs Can Cut Costs. // Policy & Practice (19426828);Jun2003, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the impact of budget deficits on clinical pharmacy management programs in the U.S. Reduction of the Medicaid costs; Elimination of inappropriate drugs; Steps for the development of a clinical pharmacy management program.
- City's fiscal structure weakens. // Crain's New York Business;7/22/96, Vol. 12 Issue 30, p27
Reports on government policy developments in New York State as of July 22, 1996. Comptroller Alan Hevesi's report that one-shot revenues and other fiscal gimmicks have added $2.1 billion to the city's structural deficit for fiscal 1999 and fiscal 2000; Consumer groups' unhappiness with the...