Atlanta Panel Calls for Park District, Bonds
- The Turning of Atlanta. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31383, p1
Focuses on the restoration of the financial integrity of the city of Atlanta, Georgia. Efforts of Shirley Franklin, city mayor, to close the budget gap through raising property taxes anf firing several government staff; Reduction of salaries and wages; Impact of the economic downturn on the...
- HONORABLE MENTION. Dilonardo, Mary Jo // Atlanta;Jul2002, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p30
Presents the favorite books of Mayor Shirley Franklin in Atlanta, Georgia. 'Beloved' by Toni Morrison; 'I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings'; The Temple of My Familiar'.
- Atlanta Mayor Loses Council Vote On Tripling Water and Sewer Rates. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31773, p1
Reports on the failure of Atlanta, Georgia City Council to pass a proposal by Mayor Shirley Franklin to triple water and sewer rates to fund improvements to the system. Undermining of the city's sewer bond rating.
- 'It's Not A Job For The Faint-Hearted.'. Grillo, Jerry // Georgia Trend;Apr2002, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p17
Profiles Shirley Franklin, mayor of Atlanta, Georgia. Budget deficit of the city; Elimination of jobs in the staff; Increase of property taxes.
- Mayoral Sacrifice. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/31/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31315, p31
Focuses on the 2002 budget of Atlanta, Georgia expected to be released by the city's mayor Shirley Franklin on January 31, 2002. Announcement of a reduction in her salary by Shirley; Other reductions announced by the mayor; Analysis of the budget presented by Bill Campbell who was the mayor in...
- `Working for common good'. Donner, JoAnne // Georgia Trend;Jul99, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p49
Profiles Shirley Franklin, president of Shirley Franklin & Associates and president of Urban Environmental Solutions LLC in Atlanta, Georgia. Education; Career development; Experience in consulting and strategic planning; Involvement in political campaigns.
- Atlanta Swears In Shirley Franklin As The City's First Female Mayor. // Jet;1/28/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p4
Reports that Shirley Franklin was sworn in as the first female mayor in Atlanta, Georgia, and how her administration will be challenged with a budget shortfall.
- Shirley Franklin Will Unite Region. Young, Neely // Georgia Trend;Oct2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p7
Editorial. Presents Shirley Franklin, candidate for the office of mayor of Atlanta. Descriptions of Shirley Franklin; Efforts against the issues in Atlanta; Capabilities in the sense of leadership of Shirley Franklin.
- Atlanta to Pick Mayor; DeKalb Weighs GOs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32854, p4
Reports on the bond referendum and mayoral election in Atlanta, Georgia. Consideration of a 235 million general obligation bond proposal by the voters; Concern of the public about private developers being allowed much leeway on controlling the Beltline Tax Allocation District; Assessment of the...