Texas Agencies OK'd for Nearly $1 Billion in Debt Sales
- Texas Board: State Needs $7.2 Billion. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/05/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30968, p1
Reports on Texas Bond Review Board's comprehensive long-term capital plan for the state. Capital expenditures needed by the state agencies; Analysis of the state's overall debt situation.
- Hernandez to lead Texas Bond Review Board. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/10/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30249, p32
Reports that the Texas Bond Review Board has selected Jose Hernandez to succeed Albert Bacarisse as executive director of the agency. Hernandez's background; Bacarisse's retirement.
- Buie chosen to head Texas review board. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30739, p5
Reports on Oklahoma Development Finance Authority vice president Jim Buie's appointment as executive director of the Texas Bond Review Board. Buie's remarks on his selection; Role of the board in the oversight of bond issuance in the state.
- Texas Readies $1B of Prop. 12 Debt. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/1/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33376, p1
The article reports on the preparation for another one billion dollar issue of general obligation bonds by the Texas Transportation Commission (TTC) in Dallas, Texas. The debt will include taxable Build America Bonds (BABs) and is expected to go to the market on September 15, 2010. The Texas...
- Florida Faces Decreased Debt Capacity Brought on by Revenue Shortfall. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31272, p5
Reports that revenue shortfalls in Florida will make it impossible to keep up with issuance plans without raising debt service levels above the state's target. Decline in the revenue supporting the state budget; State's net tax-supported debt service; Expected borrowing capacity of state in the...
- Harrisburg, Pa., Could Miss $2M Debt-Service Payment. KASKE, MICHELLE // Bond Buyer;2/16/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33266, p36
The article reports on the likelihood of Harrisburg to miss its debt-service payment worth two million dollars supported by Pennsylvania on March 1, 2010.
- Choose a debt consolidator. Gray, Valerie Lynn // Black Enterprise;May97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p131
Warns the public about debt consolidators. Suggestions from Janice Gassi, executive director of the Better Business Bureau in Long Island, before signing your debt away to a credit service.
- On real exchange rate targeting and debt servicing. Chow, Lap-Kei // Atlantic Economic Journal;Mar1997, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p115
Highlights the incentive for a stronger real currency when debt servicing comes into a play and provides a justification on how the targeted level is set. An assumption of formula of the policymaker having a loss function.
- chapter 3: Special Report. // Turkey Business Forecast Report;2007 Quarter1, p23
The article presents the BMI sovereign risk rating index of European countries as of January 2007.