NEWS IN BRIEF
- Get Ready for E-Bonds. // National Journal;12/04/99, Vol. 31 Issue 49, p3477
Looks at the trading of bonds electronically in the United States. Prices of bonds; Effects of interest rates on the prices of bonds; Lack of competition between the companies handling the selling; Reforms pertaining to trading.
- CLARIFICATION. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/12/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 42, pN.PAG
Presents a correction for the article 'E-Bonds: At the Crossroads,' regarding the on-line bond trading in November 5, 2001 issue of the journal 'Investment Dealers' Digest.'
- Market players speculate about the future of electronic bidding systems. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;12/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30793, p6
Presents bond market participants' views about electronic bidding systems for bonds in the United States. Includes the evaluation of an auction by MuniAuction from Reid Smith of Vanguard Group; Leadership of Thomson Financial Municipals Group's online bidding system; Controversy over...
- Has Pittsburgh's Internet-bid bond sale kicked off a trend? Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;01/07/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30305, p32
Reports on the impact of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's first competitive bond issue over the Internet on the long-term future of the market. Controversy surrounding the city's bond deal; Effects to overall use of the Internet; Views on Internet bidding.
- Milwaukee school note auction marks a first in electronic bidding. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;09/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30722, p40
Reports that Milwaukee, Wisconsin has conducted a Dutch auction-like sale via the Internet. Sealed bids accepted electronically through the Internet.
- Buyers may avoid Web. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;10/13/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30746, p1
Reports on investment community's disapproval over a plan to give institutional investors the opportunity to bid directly on Pittsburgh's general obligation deal through the Internet. Acceptance of bids on the issue's individual maturities through the city's private-label Web site, powered by...
- POS's on the Internet: Pittsburgh, Minnesota try a paperless route. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;11/04/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30514, p26
Focuses on the implementation of electronic bond sales in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Minnesota. Description of the electronic bond selling process adopted by the states; Mailing of notice of sale on the Internet in Pittsburgh; Optimism of the efficiency of the medium according to Minnesota...
- Webb Bond Trades No Shoo-In. Weisul, Kimberly // Inter@ctive Week;06/21/99, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p62
Provides information on online trading of bonds in the United States (US). Estimated value of bonds traded in the US market daily; Trading service offered by TradeWeb company; Statistics on bonds traded online.
- Portland, Ore., to bid out lease-backed deal via Internet. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;04/03/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30365, p1
Announces the plan of the city of Portland, Oregon to bid out a $29 million lease-backed bond deal through the Internet. Municipal market veterans' skepticism over whether the maturity-by-maturity bidding structure would produce overall savings for issuers; Portland's acceptance of all-or-none...