An Open Door for Swaps
- Texas county, hospital district weigh suit over bad advice on swap deal. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p3
Reports that the El Paso County Hospital District and the government of El Paso County, Texas, have considered filing a lawsuit against a law firm that advised them to enter an interest rate swap agreement that was declared illegal by the state Attorney General's Office. Controversies arising...
- Swaps drop as base rate rise moves further away. Norman, Tessa // Mortgage Strategy;5/9/2011, p8
The article reports on the performance of swap rates in April 2011 as market expectations of an interest rate rise before the end of the year diminish, which fell by almost 0.4 percent from 3.05 percent on April 5 to 2.66 percent on May 5.
- Asymmetric Information and Interest Rate Swaps. Sharma, Maneesh // American Business Review;May94, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p76
Discusses findings of a study which showed that information asymmetry may influence the growth in interest rate swaps. Lowering of the default risk premium to maximize the equity holder's wealth; Relationship between asymmetry of information and the resultant usage of swap; Market information...
- Deriving insights into derivatives. Rousseau, Roland // Finweek;3/20/2008, Special section p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Willi Jonker on how sub-prime risks emerged and finally overflowed and another one by Tanja Tippett on interest rate swaps.
- Interest rate swap founds an interesting case. // Lawyer (Online Edition);2/22/2013, p35
The article mentions a situation in which a banking deal can be done and financial arrangements can be discussed in relation to the interest rate swap.
- De-murking the swap business. Arnold, Neal // ABA Banking Journal;Aug93, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p64
Reviews `Understanding interest rate swaps' by Mary S. Ludwig. Building blocks of the market; Understanding the swap jargon; Mechanics of swap pricing; Potential applications of swaps; Pitfalls in evaluation and price interest rate swap transactions; Standard swap agreement; Introduction to...
- New Jersey state laws hinder localities' attempts to swap. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30656, p31
Reports on the ambiguity of New Jersey laws on interest rate swapping and its effect on the state's finance. Cape May County Municipal Utilities Authority's experience in selling option on an interest rate swap; Provision of state agencies with the right to sell options on interest rate swaps;...
- Hillsborough County, Fla., Dumps Swap for New Refundings. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;03/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31104, p39
Reports on Hillsborough County, Florida officials' plan to terminate a forward interest rate swap negotiated in 1998 with Merrill Lynch & Co. to avoid a yield of 6.36 percent on the country's 1991 wastewater utility system revenue bonds. Plans of county finance officials to refund utility...
- The Relationship Between the Yield Curve & Mortgage Current Coupon. Belbase, Eknath; Szakallas, Dan // Securitization Conduit;2000, Vol. 3 Issue 3/4, p54
Discusses the Andrew Davidson & Co. approach to forecasting mortgage current coupon as a function of either Treasury or swap rates. Current coupon rates and treasury rates used in the analysis; Background on the standard simple regression model; Approaches to regression with auto-correlated data.