Minn. Replacement Injects Uncertainty Into Senate Control
- Signs pointing toward another huge Senate cycle. Blake, Aaron; Rushing, J. Taylor // Hill;1/14/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the growing number of vacant positions in the U.S. Senate in January 2009.
- Congressional Committees: Senate Standing Committees. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p88
No abstract available.
- Senate, House Armed Services panels at odds over spending priorities. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/24/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 4, p28
Discusses the Senate Armed Services Committee's decision to side with the Bush Administration on the B-2 stealth bomber and stop funding for the F-14D fighter. The House Armed Services Committee recommended just the opposite. Anticipated budget battles; Other Senate Committee action.
- Briefing boycott. K.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/20/95, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p81
No abstract available.
- Bicentennial Note. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul89, Vol. 68 Issue 6/7, p161
Gives excerpts from the `United States Senate' by the Committee on Rules and Administration, which serve to illustrate highlights of the historical role of the Senate operating within the Constitutionally mandated system of shared powers, and checks and balances.
- Provisions of S. 323. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep91, Vol. 70 Issue 8/9, p201
Presents the Chafee substitute to S. 323, as considered on the floor of the Senate. The purpose of the act; Description of the Act including: Availability of information; Exemption for religious beliefs or moral convictions; Requirement of referral; Prohibition against discrimination;...
- Senate panel probes plight of black males in America. // Jet;4/8/91, Vol. 79 Issue 25, p7
Reports on the one-day hearing held by the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs on the problems facing black men in urban America. Death rates; Experts at hearing; Race relations; Comments by Virginia Gov. L. Douglas Wilder.
- Senate GOP pushes regulatory reform. Gatty, Bob // Ophthalmology Times;1/9/95, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p21
Reports on the creation of the Senate Republican Regulatory Relief Task Force which will seek out regulations to be eliminated or streamlined.
- Pooped Parties. Curtis, Gregory // Texas Monthly;Mar93, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p7
Discusses the election for United States senator on President Bill Clinton's first year. Bob Krueger, Jim Mattox, Jose Angel Gutierrez and Richard Fisher as primary Democratic candidates; Kay Bailey Hutchison, Joe Barton, Jack Fields, Clymer Wright and Stephen Hopkins as Republican candidates;...