Muni Veteran to Lead Hartfield's S.F. Office
- Salomon Smith Barney. // Bond Buyer;12/14/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30787, Mutual Fund Directory p53
Features investment company Salomon Smith Barney Inc. Largest portfolio managers; Total assets under management; Total municipal assets under management; Number of funds; Number of municipal funds; Investment outlook; Top funds ranked by total return.
- Denver Case Over Escrow Securities Puts Official Statements to the Test. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30684, p3
Reports on the lawsuit filed by one of Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s municipal mutual funds against Dawson Ridge, Colorado, Metropolitan District Number 1. Replacement of Treasury bonds; Securities issued by Resolution Funding Corp.
- Salomon Smith Barney. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;01/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30809, p6
Reports on the holding of a special shareholders meeting on February 24, 2000 to vote on the proposal to merge a closed-end fund managed by the municipal mutual fund group at Salomon Smith Barney Inc. into one of the firm's open-end funds.
- Hartfield Titus Sets Up New Odd-Lot Offering Desk. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;3/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31336, p3
Reports on the formation of an offering desk headed by broker Mike Kroeper by municipal securities brokerage firm of Hartfield, Titus & Donnelly LLC as of March 2002. Professional background of Kroeper; Offer of an electronic brokering system by the company; Profile of trainee brokers recruited...
- In Brief. // American Banker;12/2/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 230, p18
Offers news briefs relating to banking. Announcement by former executives at Salomon Smith Barney of their plans to establish a mutual fund company in London; LendingTree Inc.'s announcement that it has filed a registration statement for an initial public offering (IPO) with the United States...
- EPB Bows Funds Ads. Bryan, Scott // Adweek Eastern Edition;3/5/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p8
Reports that Earle Palmer Brown Cos. is launching a national cable television campaign for Salomon Smith Barney Inc. mutual funds that focuses on the personal side of portfolio managers. Schedule of airing; Cable networks to carry the advertisement; Advertisement theme.
- Piping yield into your portfolio. Boorstin, Julia // Fortune;9/30/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 6, p182
Reports that Master Limited Partnerships (MLP) have profited from turmoil in the energy business. Performance of Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s MLP composite; Explanation of master limited partnerships and comparison to real estate investment trusts; Information on MLPs, such as Kinder Morgan and...
- Calif. County Sues Salomon And Others. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;08/22/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30959, p1
Reports that the San Bernardino, California government has filed a lawsuit against Salomon Smith Barney Inc., a mutual fund and former county officials. Allegations of conspiracy of fraud, bad investments, unearned commissions and bribery; Damage payments sought by the county.
- Municipals Gain, Treasuries Soar; Stocks Fall After Anemic Numbers. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2002. Growth in municipal bonds; Foreign equity of the government; Total bids and offerings for the brokerage system of Hartfield, Titus & Donnelly LLC.