Insurers Commit to Over Half of California DWR's Record Deal
- MBIA, Ambac Lowered. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;6/6/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32894, p1
The article reports on the downgrade rating given to MBIA Insurance Corp. and Ambac Assurance Corp. after Macquarie Group, the Australian investment bank and infrastructure specialist was reported to be planning to start a bond insurer in the U.S. The insurers' lack of new business prospects,...
- S&P Adds Claims-Paying, Liquidity Analysis to Annual Reports. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;3/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31802, p7
Standard & Poor's Corp., the bond rating agency has publicized an analysis on the claims-paying ability and liquidity of bond insurers in its annual reports, the agency announced this week. In a prepared statement released earlier this week, Standard & Poor's said that ï¿½ cash availability...
- FSA Takes Top Spot In Ranking. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/14/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32794, p1
The article reports on the year-end rankings of bond insurers for 2007 in the U.S. Financial Security Assurance Inc. was ranked as the busiest bond insurer by covering 1,690 deals worth a combined $46.2 billion. Ambac Assurance Corp. was second with $45.5 billion of total par, and MBIA Insurance...
- S&P Warns of Pressure on Five Bond Insurers. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32214, p1
Reports on the uncertainty faced by Ambac Assurance Corp., Financial Guaranty Insurance Co., MBIA Insurance Corp., Financial Security Assurance Inc., and ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. due to the magnitude of their exposure in the Gulf Coast region ravaged by Hurricane Katrina. Susceptibility of...
- Ambac, MBIA Arrange 'Innovative' Capital Funds for Contingencies. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p5
Details the banking agreements between Ambac Assurance Corp. and MBIA Insurance Corp. in the U.S. Availability of additional contingent funds in catastrophic events; Advantage gained by both parties; Ratings provided by Moody's Investors Services to the securities issued by trusts.
- Untitled. // Bond Buyer;10/16/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32487, p37
The article presents several charts related to bond market in the U. S. One chart shows the top bond counsel for the first nine months of 2006, in which Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP ranked first having a total dollar amount of $22, 509.8, followed by Sidley Austin LLP with $13, 095.3. Ambac...
- Ambac Stock Downgraded to 'Outperform' by Analyst. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;12/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31035, p28
Reports on the rating of the bonds of Ambac Assurance Corp. Financial status of the company.
- Fitch Affirms Bond Insurer Ambac's AAA Rating. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31196, p38
Reports on Fitch's affirmation of Ambac Assurance Corp.'s bond ratings. Financial profile of the company; Range of services provided by Ambac as a full-service guarantor.
- DWR Seeks $11.95 Billion Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31448, p1
Reports the request of the Department of Water Resources to increase the amount of revenue bond issuance in California.