Birmingham, Ala., Giving $108M of Debt the Green Light
- Triad Rehired as FA. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p33
Reports that the city council of Birmingham, Alabama has approved to re-hire Triad Capital Advisors LLC to be its financial adviser in 2006. Terms of the deal; Mayor Bernard Kincaid's request to the city council to rehire Triad; Former financial advisor of the city.
- ARIZONA: Capital Plan Is No Mirage. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/26/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33737, p9
The article informs about the adoption of 43.5 million U.S. dollar capital improvement plan for the fiscal year 2013 by the city council of El Mirage, Arizona.
- Wichita OKs Capital Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/13/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33678, p9
The article reports on the move of the city council of Wichita, Kansas to adopt a 10-year capital improvement plan amounting 2.4 billion dollars, which will be financed in part with 304 million dollars of general obligation (GO) bonds.
- Mayor Deadlock. Kincaid, Bernard // Governing;Feb2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p108
Describes a dispute between Birmingham Mayor-elect Bernard Kincaid and the city council over control of city contracts in Birmingham, Alabama. Ordinances passed by the council against Kincaid; Authority of the mayoral office under Mayor Richard Arrington; Analysis of the political alignment in...
- Aldermen to consider street improvement project. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;4/3/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 14, pA1
The article reports that the Board of Aldermen of the city of St. Louis, Missouri will vote on April 8, 2013 of whether to approve the recommendation of the city's Public Infrastructure Investment Task Force on the allocation of reserves for capital improvement project.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/26/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30983, p31
Presents news briefs pertaining to public finance in the Southwestern States as of September 26, 2000. Topeka City Council's plan to repeal the Watertower Place redevelopment district in Kansas; Tulsa County, Oklahoma's plan to send a four-point package of capital improvements before county...
- Philadelphia OKs Lease Between Teams and Development Authority. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;02/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31070, p1
Reports on the Philadelphia City Council's approval of the stadium lease agreements between the Philadelphia Authority for Industrial Development and the city's football and baseball teams, the Eagles and Phillies. Estimated cost for the stadium project; Council's introduction of a capital...
- Retreat focuses on capital plan. White, Herbert L. // Charlotte Post;9/27/2012, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p1A
The article reports on a closed-door meeting that Charlotte, North Carolina Mayor Anthony Foxx will hold with the Charlotte City Council on September 27, 2012 to discuss capital investment and property tax rates.
- Liverpool eyes mayoral powers. Geoghegan, John // Planning (14672073);2/10/2012, Issue 1927, p12
The article presents information on government's offer for mayoral developments to Liverpool, England. According to the city council, implementation of mayoral system will facilitate it with the Whitehall regeneration powers and approximately one billion pounds of public and private investments...