NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31731, p2
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of October 1, 2003. Decline of the consumer confidence index; Decline of the Chicago Purchasing Manager's Business Barometer; Amount of four-week bills auctioned by the Treasury Department.
- Of Basketball and E-Mail. Mica, Daniel A. // Credit Union Magazine;May2008, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p18
The article offers the author's view about the impact of the blueprint to be released by the Treasury Department on the credit unions in the U.S. He said that the blueprint will be released due to the decline of economy and the subprime lending crisis in which credit unions largely played no...
- Quietude Reigns Ahead of Christmas Day. Scarchilli, Michael; McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;12/28/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33239, p2
The article reports on the unaltered economic status of the municipal market on December 23 to 24, 2009 in the U.S. It notes that the market were idle and quiet on the Christmas Day holiday. Moreover, the triple-A scale of the Municipal Market Data gained 2,95% yields while the 30-year bond of...
- Congress fiddles. Neusner, Noam // U.S. News & World Report;6/24/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 22, p33
Discusses United States fiscal policy in the United States and the outlook for legislation concerning the economy. Mention of the federal budget, a debt ceiling and taxation; Effect of Social Security on the budget surplus; Outlook for the actions of the Treasury department.
- Crisis Aversion. // District Administration;Nov2008, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p20
The article reports that the United States Treasury Department is targeting children with a program designed to educate them about credit and other financial matters. The multimedia campaign comes shortly after a financial crisis in the United States that has the potential to send the country...
- Treasury: U.S. Ran $57.8B Deficit in Nov. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/13/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32028, p2
Reports on the budget deficit of the U.S. government based on the data released by the Treasury Department in November 2004. Deficit amount; Comparison of the figures with the November 2003 deficit.
- Notes from the Editors. // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Nov2008, Vol. 60 Issue 6, preceding p1
The authors discuss the decline of the U.S. economy in 2008. They mention the emergency plan for a $700 billion bailout of financial firms of U.S. Secretary of Treasury Henry Paulson and the public outrage on the plan. They believe that the plan would not end the crisis and foreign investments...
- Weekly T-Bills Go At 0.890%, 0.955%. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31808, p2
Reports on the tender rates for teasury bills of the Treasury Department in Washington as of January 2004.
- Tougher Times Ahead. Friedman, Sam // National Underwriter / P&C;10/27/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 40, p5
The author reflects on the U.S. economic conditions. The author claims that he was disappointed to see stocks plummet despite the bailout plan of the U.S. Treasury to revive credit markets and financial industries. He believes that the problem is not with the market, but with on the people's...