Effects of coastal reclamation on riverine macrobenthic infauna (Sungei Punggol) in Singapore
- Benthic Ecology of Semi-Natural Coastal Lagoons, in the Ria Formosa (Southern Portugal), Exposed to Different Water Renewal Regimes. Gamito, Sofia // Hydrobiologia;Feb2006, Vol. 555 Issue 1, p75
Several studies in semi-natural coastal lagoons in the Ria Formosa lagoonal system have been carried out. These man-made water reservoirs behave as small lagoons with one opening to the tidal channels, which may be intermittent. Because of their size, these reservoirs are ideal sites for...
- Dark worlds: The secret lives of sightless creatures. Borg, Jim // Odyssey;Jan98, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p32
Describes the types of benthic animals thriving under the ocean. Rattail fish; Bivalves; Holothurians; Invertebrates; Insects living in lava tubes. INSET: Author's choice..
- Long-term trends in stream chemistry and biology in north-east Scotland: evidence for recovery Owen, R.; Hirst, D.; Langan, S. J.; Soulsby, C.; Turnbull, D. // Water, Air & Soil Pollution;Dec1995, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p689
No abstract available.
- Methods for determining species-habitat relationships, illustrated with fieldwork on freshwater... Washington, Stuart; Knaggs, David // Journal of Biological Education (Society of Biology);Winter96, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p257
Describes a study of the benthic macroinvertebrates of streams in an upland catchment. Importance of the study of species-habitat relationships in ecological fieldwork; Description of the study area; Results of the four data analysis employed; Avoiding identification problems.
- California water reclamation project announced. // Underground Construction;Mar1998, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p5
Reports that Orange City, California, is planning a water reclamation project for 1999-2000 in collaboration with the city's sanitation district. Inclusion of pipe and pumping facilities in the first phase of the county's Groundwater Replenishment System.
- Water recycling pushes purification equipment sales. // BioCycle;Sep96, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p6
Reports that emphasis on water reuse is helping increase sales of water purification equipment. Increase in price of water every two years; Increase in sewage fees; Factors driving industries toward zero discharge.
- Recycling waste water. Fink, Ronald G. // Pit & Quarry;Jul95, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p23
Focuses on the recycling of industrial waste water. Problems faced by many business enterprises regarding the elimination of waste water discharge; Nonpoint polluters as largest pollution source; Legal implications of waste water discharge; Discharge elimination; Comparison of water recycling...
- Waste not, want not: Putting wastewater to work. Meister, John // American City & County;Jan1995, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p32
Provides information on the increasing use of reclaimed wastewater (ReW) in the United States. Historical background since the 1960's; Recommendations in `Guidelines for Water Reuse' published by the US Environmental Protection Agency in 1992; Agricultural reuse programs in Orange County and...
- Henderson sets reclamation record. // Las Vegas Business Press;07/13/98, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p20
Reports that the city of Henderson, Nevada has used a total 12.83 million gallons of reclaimed water on June 26, 1998.