Effects of coastal reclamation on riverine macrobenthic infauna (Sungei Punggol) in Singapore
- Benthic Ecology of Semi-Natural Coastal Lagoons, in the Ria Formosa (Southern Portugal), Exposed to Different Water Renewal Regimes. Gamito, Sofia // Hydrobiologia;Feb2006, Vol. 555 Issue 1, p75
Several studies in semi-natural coastal lagoons in the Ria Formosa lagoonal system have been carried out. These man-made water reservoirs behave as small lagoons with one opening to the tidal channels, which may be intermittent. Because of their size, these reservoirs are ideal sites for...
- Dark worlds: The secret lives of sightless creatures. Borg, Jim // Odyssey;Jan98, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p32
Describes the types of benthic animals thriving under the ocean. Rattail fish; Bivalves; Holothurians; Invertebrates; Insects living in lava tubes. INSET: Author's choice..
- Methods for determining species-habitat relationships, illustrated with fieldwork on freshwater... Washington, Stuart; Knaggs, David // Journal of Biological Education (Society of Biology);Winter96, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p257
Describes a study of the benthic macroinvertebrates of streams in an upland catchment. Importance of the study of species-habitat relationships in ecological fieldwork; Description of the study area; Results of the four data analysis employed; Avoiding identification problems.
- Long-term trends in stream chemistry and biology in north-east Scotland: evidence for recovery Owen, R.; Hirst, D.; Langan, S. J.; Soulsby, C.; Turnbull, D. // Water, Air & Soil Pollution;Dec1995, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p689
No abstract available.
- California water reclamation project announced. // Underground Construction;Mar1998, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p5
Reports that Orange City, California, is planning a water reclamation project for 1999-2000 in collaboration with the city's sanitation district. Inclusion of pipe and pumping facilities in the first phase of the county's Groundwater Replenishment System.
- Reclamation program ends Fla. county discharges. Ammerman, Dave // WaterWorld;Sep96, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p86
Describes a countrywide water reclamation program developed by Manatee County, Florida, that has allowed the county to stop discharging treated effluent to the area's surface water. Key aspects of the Manatee Agricultural Reuse Supply (MARS) project; Emphasis on expanding reclaimed water...
- Recycled water project wins engineering award. // WaterWorld;Jun98, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p68
Reports on the presentation of the Orange County, California Engineering Council's 1998 Project Achievement Award to the Orange County Water District's Green Acres Intertie Project and the Irvine Ranch Water District for the completion of the recycled water systems.
- Water recycling pushes purification equipment sales. // BioCycle;Sep96, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p6
Reports that emphasis on water reuse is helping increase sales of water purification equipment. Increase in price of water every two years; Increase in sewage fees; Factors driving industries toward zero discharge.
- Recycling waste water. Fink, Ronald G. // Pit & Quarry;Jul95, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p23
Focuses on the recycling of industrial waste water. Problems faced by many business enterprises regarding the elimination of waste water discharge; Nonpoint polluters as largest pollution source; Legal implications of waste water discharge; Discharge elimination; Comparison of water recycling...