Formulation and evaluation of Olmesartan dispersable tablets by using solid dispersion method
- Preparation and evaluation of orally disintegrating tablets of Telmisartan with pH independent release. Sujitha, M.; Mariappan, GeethaThanga; Rathnanand, Mahalaxmi // International Journal of PharmTech Research;Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p1154
The objective of the study is to optimize, formulate and evaluate orally disintegrating tablet (ODT) of Telmisartan which disintegrates with in few seconds there by having better patient compliance, and achieve drug release independent of pH. Telmisartan(Angiotensin Receptor Blocker, ARB) is an...
- Formulation development and evaluation of orally disintegrating tablets of doxazosin mesylate. Chaudhari, Shilpa P.; Kotian, Neeraj R.; Bhadgale, Mahesh M.; Bafna, Vardhman C. // Asian Journal of Pharmaceutics;Oct-Dec2012, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p266
Doxazosin mesylate has some of the ideal characteristics required for an orally disintegrating tablet. There were some challenges faced during this formulation development. The aims of the present research were to mask the bitter taste of Doxazosin mesylate and to formulate orally disintegrating...
- DEVELOPMENT AND EVALUATION OF FAST DISSOLVING TABLETS USING DOMPERIDONE: PEG 6000 SOLID DISPERSIONS. Bhatt, Shailendra; Trivedi, Priti // International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences;Oct2012 Supplement, Vol. 4, p246
Domperidone is water insoluble anti emetic drug, with problems of variable bioavailability and bio- in equivalence related to its poor water solubility. The purpose of present investigation to increase the dissolution rate of domperidone by developing domperidone tablet, allowing fast,...
- Two New Formulations for Onfi Launched. // MPR - Pediatricians' Edition;Fall/Winter2013, Vol. 24 Issue 2, pA5
The article reports on the launch of Onfi or clobazam scored tablets and oral suspensiondrug formulations by Lundbeck Pharmaceutical Ltd.
- Review on Bioavailability and Bioequivalence Studies. Venkateswarlu, Kambham; Thirumaran, J. // International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review & Resear;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p56
Bioavailability is used to describe the fraction of an administered dose of medication that reaches the systemic circulation, one of the principal properties of the drug. By definition, when the drug is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%. Bioequivalence studies compare both...
- Drug/Cyclodextrin Solid Systems in the Design of Hydrophilic Matrices: A Strategy to Modulate Drug Delivery Rate. Miro, Agnese; Quaglia, Fabiana; Giannini, Lucia; Cappello, Brunella; La Rotonda, Maria Immacolata // Current Drug Delivery;Oct2006, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p373
The aim of this study was to investigate how the delivery rate of erodible sustained-release hydrophilic matrices intended for the delivery of poorly soluble drugs can be optimized through the incorporation of drug/cyclodextrin binary systems. Carvedilol (CAR), a sparingly water-soluble...
- Encapsulation of Commercially Available Losartan for Blinding Purposes Does Not Affect its Bioavailability. Nyman, L.; Taure, K.; Cullberg, M.; Lagerström P.-O. // Clinical Drug Investigation;1998, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p361
Investigates whether encapsulation affects the bioavailability of antihypertensive drug losartan. Bioequivalence of the encapsulated and standard tablets; Drug concentration assessments; Pharmacokinetics; Tolerability analysis.
- Accuretic. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p28
This article presents information on Accuretic drug which is a proprietary, prescription-only compound preparation of the quinapril and the diuretic hydrochlorothiazide. It can be used as an antihypertensive, and is available as tablets.
- co-tenidone. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p174
This article presents information on the drug co-tenidone, which is a compound preparation of the atenolol and the diuretic chlortalidone (in two different proportions called co-tenidone 50/12.5 and co-tenidone 100/25). It can be used as an antihypertensive for raised blood pressure, and is...