Teens and HIV: A Growing Concern
- Personal Risk Assessment of HIV/ AIDS Infections among Nigerian Adolescent Girls in Secondary Schools. Torubeli, Victor Ayebami // Gender & Behaviour;2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p4546
This study investigated personal risk assessment of AIV/AIDS infections among adolescent girls in Nigeria. Four variables (age, knowledge and awareness, Parental status and family type) constituted the personal risk assessment of the adolescent girls. The sample consisted of 2000 adolescent...
- Why So Vulnerable? // Population Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p9
Examines why adolescence increase vulnerability to HIV/AIDS.
- How Culture Can Hurt. // Population Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p12
Explores practices and traditions affecting young people's risk for HIV/AIDS.
- Addressing the Epidemic. // Population Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p15
Reports that in several developing countries declines in the prevalence of HIV/AIDS among young people, accompanied by clear signs of individual behavior change, give hope of eventually curbing the epidemic.
- Reaching Out. // Population Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p24
Reports that addressing the HIV/AIDS epidemic among young people requires reaching not only youth themselves but also others who influence their lives.
- CRECIENDO CON VIH/SIDA: UN ESTUDIO CON ADOLESCENTES PORTADORAS DE VIH/ SIDA Y SUS CUIDADORAS FAMILIARES. Antunes Lima, Ana Am�lia; Rubim Pedro, Eva N�ri // Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem (RLAE);may/jun2008, Vol. 16 Issue 3, preceding p1
This is an exploratory study with a qualitative approach, which looks at the adolescent process with HIV/AIDS. The purpose is to identify how the adolescent process occurs, from the perspective of these teenagers and their family caregivers. The investigation was performed in Porto Alegre, RS...
- Committee Report Scores Federal AIDS-Prevention Efforts. Flax, Ellen // Education Week;4/15/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 30, p15
The article reports on the results of the study conducted by the House Select Committee on Children, youth Families related in the spreading of HIV-virus that cause AIDS among teenagers. The study concludes that the efforts of the federal government to trim down the spread of the virus is under...
- The Jamaican Adolescent: An Assessment of Knowledge and Attitudes Regarding HIV/AIDS. Hayes, Janice S.; Robillard, Ruth H. // Pediatric Nursing;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p176
Presents information on a study which assessed the knowledge and attitudes of adolescent Jamaicans in a church youth group regarding HIV and AIDS. Method used; Findings; Nursing implications.
- PERCEP��O E SENTIMENTO DO ADOLESCENTE PORTADOR DE HIV/AIDS: REVIS�O INTEGRATIVA. de Almeida Neves, Carolina Vasconcelos; de Ara�jo, Ednaldo Cavalcante; Carvalho, Karenina Elice Guimar�es; da Silva, Ana Luzia Medeiros Araujo; de Vasconcelos, Eliane Maria Ribeiro; da Silva Bezerra, Simone Maria Muniz // Revista de Pesquisa: Cuidado � Fundamental;oct2011, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p2412
Objective: To identify scientific evidence about the perceptions and feelings of adolescents with HIV/AIDS. Method: This is an integrative review study whose search data was held in the databases: PubMed, SCOPUS, LILACS, ADOLEC using the keywords "behavior", "HIV/AIDS + adolescent," "perception...