Agent Helps Hoist The Quecreek Miners Up The Charts
- Minimalist composer passionately explores moral, religious... Sterritt, David // Christian Science Monitor;2/26/97, Vol. 89 Issue 63, p14
Profiles Steve Reich, a minimalist music composer. Information on the music recording `Proverb'; What distinguished Reich from other composers; Comments from Reich.
- The beat of many drums. // Asian Pacific Post;1/8/2009, p5
The article offers information on a concert titled "Steve Reich's Drumming to Vancouver" to be held at Heritage Hall in Vancouver, British Columbia on February 3-4, 2009.
- MUSIC FOR ONE MUSICIAN. Davidson, Justin // New York;5/2/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 14, p80
The article offers information on a birthday concert for U.S. composer Steve Reich at Carnegie Hall in Midtown Manhattan, New York City on April 30, 2011.
- Guide to Records: REICH. Haskins, Rob // American Record Guide;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p162
Reviews two music recordings composed by Steve Reich. 'Tehillim'; 'Desert Music.'
- Interview: Steve Reich. Clinch, Dermot // New Statesman;10/04/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4304, p37
Presents an interview with American composer Steve Reich regarding his minimalist approach to music. Albums and early works in music; Philosophy in life; Dedication to the logic of minimalism in music; Characteristics of Reich's music.
- Guide to Records: REICH. Sullivan, Jack // American Record Guide;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p156
Reviews several orchestral music recordings composed by Steve Reich. 'City Life'; 'Sextet'; 'Vermont Counterpoint'; 'Clapping Music.'
- Put your hands together. // Gramophone;Jun96, Vol. 74 Issue 877, p11
A photograph of conductor Steve Reich while celebrating his 60th birthday is presented.
- Steve Reich and Hebrew cantillation. Puca, Antonella // Musical Quarterly;Winter97, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p537
Opinion. Comments on composer Steve Reich's interest in Hebrew cantillation. Influence of Hebrew cantillation on Reich's compositional techniques; Effect of Hebrew cantillation on his approach to the relation between words and music in his works between 1980s and 1990s; His concern for...
- Steve Reich: `Tehillim'/Three movements. Sterritt, David // Christian Science Monitor;2/10/95, Vol. 87 Issue 53, p12
Reviews the compact disc `Tehillim,' by Steve Reich.